Cochin or d'uccle bantam chicks?

They are only 2 weeks old so they don't do much! They are pretty skiddish so far, but so are the rest of the ones their age. I read on another thread here that the d'uccle has vulture hocks? Like longer feathers above the legs that go away from the body. Mine have that, so that's what made me wonder.
I wondered that too, mine have that, but I see it also in (what I think are ) cochin chicks.. so confusing.

If it is the case, then I think we both lucked out with some seriously gorgeous birds in a pet store box!! That was the one reason people told me they couldn't be D'uccle.. that no one would have put them in that box!! (Too nice)
I sure hope they are! Time will tell!

Heres a close up of the 3 week old.. not sure if it will help compare.

Btw, when you pick them up, exhale onto them while cupping them in your hands.. suddenly they just melt into you, fall asleep and get cuddly. The black one grips hard when I go to put her back in the cage.. only took a couple times of handling before they were fine.

Attachments

• 20200514_112438.jpg
    20200514_112438.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200514_112436.jpg
    20200514_112436.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200514_112429.jpg
    20200514_112429.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 7
Heres a close up of the 3 week old.. not sure if it will help compare.

Btw, when you pick them up, exhale onto them while cupping them in your hands.. suddenly they just melt into you, fall asleep and get cuddly. The black one grips hard when I go to put her back in the cage.. only took a couple times of handling before they were fine.
The poofy chest is what confuses me.. like it belongs on a cochin.

Back
Top Bottom