Cochin?? Roo or Pullet?

heby

Songster
8 Years
Jan 15, 2013
Georgia
This was my only one to hatch on Jan 11. It hatched out of the tiniest sky blue egg and I thought it may be a cochin because I thought that was what kind of eggs the man gave me. It's comb has grown some but looks a lot redder inside then when I take him/her outside. There really aren't any wattles growing still. But she has those feathers on the sides of her face. Is she a cochin?? I call it a her because that is what we have been hoping for. She feathered out fast and has gotten very big in my opinion for her age. If a pullet, would she lay blue eggs too? I would think she would lay bigger eggs than she hatched out of. haha

Last edited:
This was my only one to hatch on Jan 11. It hatched out of the tiniest sky blue egg and I thought it may be a cochin because I thought that was what kind of eggs the man gave me. It's comb has grown some but looks a lot redder inside then when I take him/her outside. There really aren't any wattles growing still. But she has those feathers on the sides of her face. Is she a cochin?? I call it a her because that is what we have been hoping for. She feathered out fast and has gotten very big in my opinion for her age. If a pullet, would she lay blue eggs too? I would think she would lay bigger eggs than she hatched out of. haha

This is not a cochin. Looks like a hen to me. Its probably an ameracauna if the egg was blue cochins don't lay blue eggs.

Thank you. I didn't think she was a cochin but wasn't sure. It was a small egg with a bluish tint. I know the man had some olive eggers because he also gave me some of those eggs but none were fertilized. She kinda looked like my light brahma with the comb and feathered legs but not the puffs around her face. I am happy to hear a hen vote tho. :) Do you think she may lay blue eggs since she came from one?

Thank you. I didn't think she was a cochin but wasn't sure. It was a small egg with a bluish tint. I know the man had some olive eggers because he also gave me some of those eggs but none were fertilized. She kinda looked like my light brahma with the comb and feathered legs but not the puffs around her face. I am happy to hear a hen vote tho. :) Do you think she may lay blue eggs since she came from one?

I guess she would lay blue eggs since she came from one.
I just got this pic from google of an ameracauna.
But she has columbian pattern like this wyandotte.

Will do. Thank you. I got some EEs that the feed store called ameracauna but she doesn't look anything like them.

She's an EE of some sort since she has puffy cheeks and came from a blue egg. To be An actual color for some breeds is pretty cool! If she's only 2 months, she looks to have a pretty red comb. I don't and obviously PP doesn't see any male feathers (but I'm on a phone and cant zoom either)but that's quite the red comb for a 2 month pullet unless your camera and my phone distorted it.

Last edited:
HE is an Easter egger cockerel. Big triple row on the pea comb leave no doubt as to gender. coming from colored egg and being no specific color equals Easter egger.

Back
Top Bottom