Cochin versus Wyandotte

I LOVE my banty cochins. They are so adorable and docile. HOWEVER, I raised mine from hatch...last year I took in two 9 month old bantam cochins and they were so vicious/flighty I had to rehome them so it depends.

I also have LF Wyandottes and they are...ok. Not particularly friendly, and one of them is broodier than heck and it's driving me nuts!

I have a trio of banty cochins right now and they are the sweetest! the 2 hens come right to the door every time i come near and if it opens they will practically jump up into my hands to be pet! they love to eat treats out of my hand. ive also had in the past 2 LF cochin hens i got after they where already laying and they mixed right in with the flock no troubles. and the frizzle banty cochin hen i had would let you pick her up all the time.
I have a LF wyandotte rooster and he's very mellow, i was actually worried about him when i mixed the birds - thought he was gonna get beat up by my other rooster ( who is either an EE or wild type jungle fowl/game bird) - but the wyandotte been holding his own and chasing off the other rooster! and he takes care of his 4 barred rock hens really well.
but i love all chickens
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom