Cochins on the way!!!

Are you sure you want 15 chicks in your room for a few months! Man, the cleaning you'll have to do by the time they leave! They'll cover everything in chick dust! My 15 cochin mixes went to their outside booder at 1 week, and are now in a 4x8 run with coop at 4 weeks... I can't imagine them still inside!
th.gif

Haha, that's what you think now! Don't say I didn't warn you! I swear, one chick and you wonder where the dust is, two and maybe it shows up, 6 and you can find it... by the time you reach a dozen, you can leave hand prints on everything!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Well that's cool. I'm going to sell the eggs in the late spring and hopefully make a small income. I love the cochin breed and can't wait till they have fertilized eggs and I can hatch.(and sell) I have all the colors except buff and partridge, I think.

If you end up with standard roos... be careful with them and your bantam hens. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Although, from housing my bantams with standards, my 9 lb cochin/wyandotte rooster looks at the 2lb silkie hen and thinks, what is that!?!!?! A small cat!?!?!

Yeah if he starts hurting the bamtams then I'll have to pen them up. I have a small puppy pen that would work for three bamtams if it came to that. Why does every one keep calling them standards, their not their giants. Or does standard mean giant?

Back
Top Bottom