Cochins Vs. Orps Bickering thread CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Cochins or Orps

• Total voters
People are so cruel without even realizing how Inhumane and disgusting they are when they modify animals for their own satisfaction. Cropping cutting dubbing any part of an animal is so horrible. But I came here to choose orps because of the same inhumane treatment of Cochins. They are small so they become easy prey and are easily bullied by bigger birds. Their feet are not supposed to have feathers and those feathers cause serious swelling and irritation and sometimes they break off when the chicken steps on them causing bleeding. They were bred to be designer breeds like the pug bulldog and flat faced cats who can’t breath properly and suffer ”because they are cuter this way”. I wish people would leave animal genes alone and quit causing mutations in animals for selfish reasons. I could go on about all the horrible things people do to animals but it gives me anxiety thinking about. Sorry for ranting I’m very passionate about animals.

People are so cruel without even realizing how Inhumane and disgusting they are when they modify animals for their own satisfaction. Cropping cutting dubbing any part of an animal is so horrible. But I came here to choose orps because of the same inhumane treatment of Cochins. They are small so they become easy prey and are easily bullied by bigger birds. Their feet are not supposed to have feathers and those feathers cause serious swelling and irritation and sometimes they break off when the chicken steps on them causing bleeding. They were bred to be designer breeds like the pug bulldog and flat faced cats who can’t breath properly and suffer ”because they are cuter this way”. I wish people would leave animal genes alone and quit causing mutations in animals for selfish reasons. I could go on about all the horrible things people do to animals but it gives me anxiety thinking about. Sorry for ranting I’m very passionate about animals.
I agree dubbing is good if it helps the roo but not otherwise

... Feather-footed chickens are natural, though.

I agree with this mostly
Cropping cutting dubbing any part of an animal is so horrible.
However I do believe there are exceptions. If the animal can't breath because it's comb is too big I think shortening it to improve the quality of life is better than living it's whole life struggling for oxygen.

one Of the saddest for me is the chicken breeds that have been bred to literally eat themselves to death. If you don’t kill them early enough, they eat until their legs break and then they die. This I see as just wrong and in human. Thank you for choosing orps.

Back
Top Bottom