Cochins Vs. Orps Bickering thread CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Cochins or Orps

• Total voters
I am actually kinda torn on both birds. I love bantys due to being smol (The opposite of large orps and cochins, though more to hug!) but there are bantys of both orps and cochins, and both have lovely and sweet temperments with good broody streaks. x-x
The feathered legs and colour variation are swaying me though to the cochin side, the varity of colours is what drew me to Seramas, and I almost got a couple pekin pullets a month back.

Buff Orp Banty:
iu

Cochin/Pekin Banty:
45983001-179-480x640.jpg

I am actually kinda torn on both birds. I love bantys due to being smol (The opposite of large orps and cochins, though more to hug!) but there are bantys of both orps and cochins, and both have lovely and sweet temperments with good broody streaks. x-x
The feathered legs and colour variation are swaying me though to the cochin side, the varity of colours is what drew me to Seramas, and I almost got a couple pekin pullets a month back.

Buff Orp Banty:
iu

Cochin/Pekin Banty:
45983001-179-480x640.jpg
Perhaps you can be the intervention force. If we get too rough tiny chicken squad can help calm things down.
Do you just have all bantams??

Perhaps you can be the intervention force. If we get too rough tiny chicken squad can help calm things down.
Do you just have all bantams??

I have a squad of 5 Seramas, three pullets and two cockerels. I also have two Serama eggs brewing up under my rescue rock dove that are due in 13-15 days and get regular 'ultrasounds' via the torch on my android phone, though only now have I caught heart action on camera. I could see it with my eyes, but it was too small to record. :p
I was torn on getting either Sebrights or Seramas, as both are tiny chooks, with Sebrights being 40-odd grams heavier, and both face fertility issues in the breed (short leg lethal gene in Seramas, hen-feather infertility in Sebrights), but then I found three 4 week old Seramas going free to a good home and I just had to have them. I mean... Look at these cuties!
Jeremy Dolly Snowbell.jpg

And then to balance the ratio out some, as I only ended up with one pullet, I brought two more I found at the same age as them at that point (4 months.) 😆
Betty.jpg
Boo.jpg
They are all 5 months old now. ^^ Though Betty and Boo are a little younger than Dolly, who is a week younger than Jeremy and Snowbell.

Buff Orp Banty:
iu

Cochin/Pekin Banty:
45983001-179-480x640.jpg
Aw, so cute, I don't have a banty of my own! :love I really want a D'uccle, a silkie, of a banton buff brahma.

Back
Top Bottom