Cochins - what color chicks could I expect with my rooster and hens? (New chicken owner)

Birds in first photo are black mottled and buff (gold) columbian.
Second photo is your boy.
Third photo is mottled
Fourth photo is columbian and mottled
Fifth photo is the splash (light blue with "splashes")
Sixth photo is white and Mille Fleur
Seventh is mottled
Eighth is black. šŸ˜Š
I added one more to the end - looks light gray but doesn't have the black flecks

The rooster is lemon blue.
Blue mottled x - black, blue, and splash chicks, some with red leakage and some without. They will all carry mottling but not show it.
Calico/mille fleur x - blue with red leakage or black with red leakage, carrying mottling.
Splash x - blue and splash chick, some with red leakage and some without.
White x (assuming itā€™s recessive white) - most likely black or blue, possibly with red leakage. Carrying recessive white but not showing it.
Blue x - blue, black, and splash chicks, some with red leakage.
Mixed color (black hen with red leakage and some mottling) x - black and blue chicks with red leakage. All or half will carry mottling.

Birds in first photo are black mottled and buff (gold) columbian.
Second photo is your boy.
Third photo is mottled
Fourth photo is columbian and mottled
Fifth photo is the splash (light blue with "splashes")
Sixth photo is white and Mille Fleur
Seventh is mottled
Eighth is black. šŸ˜Š
I donā€™t see any black mottleds, pure blacks, or unmottled buff columbians.

The rooster is lemon blue.
Blue mottled x - black, blue, and splash chicks, some with red leakage and some without. They will all carry mottling but not show it.
Calico/mille fleur x - blue with red leakage or black with red leakage, carrying mottling.
Splash x - blue and splash chick, some with red leakage and some without.
White x (assuming itā€™s recessive white) - most likely black or blue, possibly with red leakage. Carrying recessive white but not showing it.
Blue x - blue, black, and splash chicks, some with red leakage.
Mixed color (black hen with red leakage and some mottling) x - black and blue chicks with red leakage. All or half will carry mottling.
thank you! wow...quite an assortment I have lol;)

where is the chick color calculator? ;)
It takes a bit of practice and it is not intuitive, it has different pages. Helps to have at least a basic knowledge of genetics to use it.
Not sure how to link it. Google "chicken color calculator", also known as "Kippen calculator". Created by a BYC member from the Netherlands I believe. šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom