Cock-a-doodle-doomed!

Chicken-Man

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 8, 2014
your head.... ~(*.*)~
I'm hearing my light Sussex bantam Roo crow for the first time right now and have already had words with neighbours about roosters and they refused. This Roo lives with my Polish Hen and he almost protects her from the other end if she gets bullied. I have had birds dying and needed to get rid of several males in the past year or so and don't want to go through it all again. I have 3 hens in one coop. 2 other bantams in another (coz they all can't live with each other In peace) then my Polish and Sussex in a third coop .-.
Should I:
A. Try and get Polish to live with other 2 bantams (we have a little bully but not as brutle as the 3 other hens)
B. Get another bird and make Polish and new hen buddies.
C. OTHER OPTIONS??
thanks.

Cock-a-doodled-doomed!!!
gig.gif
That's hilarious!!

Not sure what you meant about the neighbors 'refused' tho.

Either you need to get rid of the rooster or look into some integration techniques.
There's something called a no-crow collar, but they can be dangerous and/or ineffective and take alot of attention to be safe...and I think they're kinda cruel.

Cock-a-doodled-doomed!!!
gig.gif
That's hilarious!!

Not sure what you meant about the neighbors 'refused' tho.

Either you need to get rid of the rooster or look into some integration techniques.
There's something called a no-crow collar, but they can be dangerous and/or ineffective and take alot of attention to be safe...and I think they're kinda cruel.
Yeah.... i dont want harm to him at all.

Are roosters legal where you live? If not, you should probably find a new home for him anyway. If so, your neighbors really don't have anything to say about whether you have one or not.

Back
Top Bottom