cock not treading

Quote:
Newbie here...what does 'check for the bullseye' mean?

crack a store-bought egg, look for the white dot on the yolk... then crack an egg that's been exposed to a roo... the white dot is much larger, looking like a small bullseye (about 2-3x the size of the store egg)
that means it's fertile.

Quote:
Newbie here...what does 'check for the bullseye' mean?

crack a store-bought egg, look for the white dot on the yolk... then crack an egg that's been exposed to a roo... the white dot is much larger, looking like a small bullseye (about 2-3x the size of the store egg)
that means it's fertile.

Fantastic, now I'll probably want to start hatching eggs. Ah, the joys!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
The son of the farmer I buy raw milk from raises chickens. I was talking to him about his Barnevelders and he said he never catches them in the act - but he has hatched their eggs! Maybe Barnies like their privacy more than other breeds. Consider your roo a gentleman amoung chickens.
smile.png

Quote:
The son of the farmer I buy raw milk from raises chickens. I was talking to him about his Barnevelders and he said he never catches them in the act - but he has hatched their eggs! Maybe Barnies like their privacy more than other breeds. Consider your roo a gentleman amoung chickens.
smile.png

i see him trying but he always fails to get on properly, might just be lack of experience
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom