Cock tail time

LipsChicks

Songster
5 Years
Dec 31, 2014
North Dakota
Does anyone out there feed sprouts to their chickens? I've been sprouting wheat and today it smelled a little fermented so they might get a little drunk eating it. I do rinse them several times a day. What are some things others are sprouting? Back in my hippy days we sprouted a lot of different seeds but it's not so popular now. All I have here is wheat.

For the animals i mostly sprout wheat and barley (its the cheapest) but my i also sprout alfalfa, beans, spicy alfalfa, and lentils for the family (along with the sprouted wheat to make bread and stuff). I have sprouted corn and oats too. :)

lol, your title is funny, i wondered what you meant at first :)

I sprout for my own use but if it carries over a week or so before a salad I toss it to the birds. Never even occurred to me it could be bad. Well, I guess it could be psychedelic depending on the seed. But dang who would share then? As far as fermentation mine get the raisins from my wine and love it.

I sprout for my own use but if it carries over a week or so before a salad I toss it to the birds. Never even occurred to me it could be bad. Well, I guess it could be psychedelic depending on the seed. But dang who would share then? As far as fermentation mine get the raisins from my wine and love it.
so u like press your own wine? That's so cool! :)

Back
Top Bottom