Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

Hmm how old are they if you go online people could teach you how to make it do tricks and why not i bet they are very cute and if you have other birds post them.

I have three normal greys got two males and a female the male is almost three the other male is
6 months old the female is 2 years old. My lutino is very old in his late teens at least hes blind and cant fly. Only two are hand tame as I dont do anything with them as they die at three years old my last 3 tiels all died at three. If i train them to do tricks it would be a waste of time. :/

I am sorry that you lost your birds at a young age, maybe it was some bad food, that you did not know. Using a black light you can check if you food has mold in it, my avain vet told me this.don't shy away from the young birds, play with them or show them tricks because you will have fun teaching them.I have had cockateils that was in there late twenty's. And yes I had some passed younger due to cancer, diabetes and other problems, the main key is TIME, DO NOT WASTE ANYTIME GETTING THEM TO A VET. you have to pay attention to how they sleep, breath, and their poop plus if wings are down and are not closeup to their body's CALL THE VET
But you can have a blast playing with them, I do everyday (I have many each one is loved)

I don't have a cockatiel, but I sure do want one. We have a new African Grey and 4 parakeets. The grey is supposed to be my husband's baby. I already love him but that sure is a big beak on him. I think I would be more comfortable with a tiel.

My grey was given to my husband, Charger (Grey's name) our dear freinds had two Grey's, and my friend tricked us lol (her name is Missy) missy asked me if my hubby wanted a grey, I said he has always talked about Grey's and he loved how smart they are, so I said to Missy sure bring the bird over, Missy never told us that charger hates men Lol, so here is my husband making freinds, he sat the cage next to where he sat and would just talk with charger offer him food, my husband was spending his time talking to charger,two weeks went by and still Charger would not let my hubby pet him, Charger would be out of his cage near my hubby(Nick), trying to make freinds.Missy came over to see how charger was doing, then I saw that little laugh my best friend Missy was making, I asked why are you laughing, she just said oh its nothing as she is eyeing charger and nick lol, charger was snapping his beak and his eyes was getting smaller then larger, his eyes looks like a hawk. Nick told Missy I am not getting anywhere with charger, missy responded oh give him time lol.charger jump off his cage and nick went to pick him WRONG MOVE ON NICK PART, Charger bit him hard, and the game started that day,I went over and pick up Charger, Charger jumped up and climbed to my shoulder, he was talking giving me kisses,.Nick looked at me in pure amazement, then he looked at his bloody finger shacking his head, telling me DEAR YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING FRIENDS WITH HIM BEHIND MY BACK LOL, I told him no, I just say hello to him that's all.
after that day Missy told me as she is laughing her head off saying Charger loves women, he hates men. So needless to say Charger loves my husband as a chew toy, he loves me as a friend Lol

:lol:

I am sorry that you lost your birds at a young age, maybe it was some bad food, that you did not know. Using a black light you can check if you food has mold in it, my avain vet told me this.don't shy away from the young birds, play with them or show them tricks because you will have fun teaching them.I have had cockateils that was in there late twenty's. And yes I had some passed younger due to cancer, diabetes and other problems, the main key is TIME, DO NOT WASTE ANYTIME GETTING THEM TO A VET. you have to pay attention to how they sleep, breath, and their poop plus if wings are down and are not closeup to their body's CALL THE VET
But you can have a blast playing with them, I do everyday (I have many each one is loved)

All that died where females one from prolaspe the other from egg binding the last one from a broken back.

All that died where females one from prolaspe the other from egg binding the last one from a broken back.
Dont worry these things happen enjoy the ones you have the more love and care the longer they will live if god wills.
wink.png

I don't have a cockatiel, but I sure do want one. We have a new African Grey and 4 parakeets. The grey is supposed to be my husband's baby. I already love him but that sure is a big beak on him. I think I would be more comfortable with a tiel.
Well I think you should get one they are so cute and lovingand they will always wanna be with you expecially if you only have one.
lol.png

My grey was given to my husband, Charger (Grey's name) our dear freinds had two Grey's, and my friend tricked us lol (her name is Missy) missy asked me if my hubby wanted a grey, I said he has always talked about Grey's and he loved how smart they are, so I said to Missy sure bring the bird over, Missy never told us that charger hates men Lol, so here is my husband making freinds, he sat the cage next to where he sat and would just talk with charger offer him food, my husband was spending his time talking to charger,two weeks went by and still Charger would not let my hubby pet him, Charger would be out of his cage near my hubby(Nick), trying to make freinds.Missy came over to see how charger was doing, then I saw that little laugh my best friend Missy was making, I asked why are you laughing, she just said oh its nothing as she is eyeing charger and nick lol, charger was snapping his beak and his eyes was getting smaller then larger, his eyes looks like a hawk. Nick told Missy I am not getting anywhere with charger, missy responded oh give him time lol.charger jump off his cage and nick went to pick him WRONG MOVE ON NICK PART, Charger bit him hard, and the game started that day,I went over and pick up Charger, Charger jumped up and climbed to my shoulder, he was talking giving me kisses,.Nick looked at me in pure amazement, then he looked at his bloody finger shacking his head, telling me DEAR YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING FRIENDS WITH HIM BEHIND MY BACK LOL, I told him no, I just say hello to him that's all.
after that day Missy told me as she is laughing her head off saying Charger loves women, he hates men. So needless to say Charger loves my husband as a chew toy, he loves me as a friend Lol
lol.png
That is such a funny story i love it i hope you have more.
pop.gif
lau.gif

The funny thing bout my little female cockatiel is that she only likes me and is kinda friendly depending on er mood tword any stranger se doesnt bite bute she does nibble which only tickles. My mom and brother are afraid of her.

I talked to my husband this morning about a tiel, he did not say no....so that could be a good sign. We are heading to the pet store and he mentioned something about supplies for a tiel..... that is even better. Oh yeah our African Grey perched on me without any coaxing this morning. He perched right on my head! I was working on the Christmas tree, guess he wanted to see what was going on!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom