Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

she is so pretty!! and its so good to hear from you! i sadly had to sell all my cockatiels but i got a breeding pair of green cheeks and they are adorable i actually love their shreiks!

Awww. Why'd you have to sell them? I love conures too. I have a Sun Conure names Charlie. Here he is playing candy crush with me lol

I had to sell them because i was going away on vacation for a couple of weeks and no one could take care of the birds for me so i had no choice left but to sell them sadly but i really love my green cheeks they are so cute and semi tame the female friendlier than the male they are a breeding pair but i have been having some problems with the female a cut in her legs keep bleeding and getting biggwer so i put peroxide and tyhen neosporin and then loosly band aid it

Awww. Why'd you have to sell them? I love conures too. I have a Sun Conure names Charlie. Here he is playing candy crush with me lol

Oh goodness, your sun conure is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing that cute picture.

May I ask how you feel about their noise level? I love conures, and all the suns I've met have been surprisingly quiet! So I've never been able to hear their so-called "ear piercing" screeches in person.

Oh goodness, your sun conure is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing that cute picture.

May I ask how you feel about their noise level? I love conures, and all the suns I've met have been surprisingly quiet! So I've never been able to hear their so-called "ear piercing" screeches in person.

If you like something thats quiet and not consistent in screaming than a green cheek is a great choice they come in lots of mutaions and from a breeder one could be easily found for cheap but if you like the screaming and loudness and consistency of them screaming mostly at dawn dusk than you should be prepared ive met lots of suns and none even being reletivly quiet their are quiet conures in the family but by far the sun conure is the most beutiful there are new mutaions for the green conures like the new mutaion suncheek just type it and it leads to a website by a great breeder check them out but they are a hefty price 3000 for 1 6000 for 2

I have raised him since he was just 3 weeks old. So, he only knows what he learns from me. He will have his moments when he's calling for me that seems loud but nothing like those ear piercing noises he is capable of. I go to local pet stores here and omg them conures do scream loud. My Charlie knows better, if he screams to much he either gets ignored (which means no treats and playtime for him) or he gets time out. To me a happy parrot is a quiet parrot. Lol do you have any?

If you like something thats quiet and not consistent in screaming than a green cheek is a great choice they come in lots of mutaions and from a breeder one could be easily found for cheap but if you like the screaming and loudness and consistency of them screaming mostly at dawn dusk than you should be prepared ive met lots of suns and none even being reletivly quiet their are quiet conures in the family but by far the sun conure is the most beutiful there are new mutaions for the green conures like the new mutaion suncheek just type it and it leads to a website by a great breeder check them out but they are a hefty price 3000 for 1 6000 for 2

That's great!
I have read a lot about green cheeks, as a species and variation among individuals, and I have to say they do sound wonderful. I don't believe there is anyone that loves a parrot's screaming, but rather we lovingly tolerate it, ha ha. I don't mind the natural calls and screaming that take place at dawn and dusk, occasional screaming, or softer constant chatter and screeching, but I know I couldn't deal with the full blown screaming all day long. — and I have never seen nor heard of the suncheek mutation! They're gorgeous. I love all the GCC mutations, though. In fact, I believe the regular GCC color is my favorite.

I have raised him since he was just 3 weeks old. So, he only knows what he learns from me. He will have his moments when he's calling for me that seems loud but nothing like those ear piercing noises he is capable of. I go to local pet stores here and omg them conures do scream loud. My Charlie knows better, if he screams to much he either gets ignored (which means no treats and playtime for him) or he gets time out. To me a happy parrot is a quiet parrot. Lol do you have any?

That's great! I sounds like you put a lot of effort into working with him to achieve that.

I don't I'm going to be moving sometime next year, though, and I plan to parrot-proof my house in preparation for bringing home a feathery friend. Conures include some of my favorite species of companion parrots. However, I'm not in a position to make my final decision and add a parrot to my family just yet, so I'm staying open minded and hoping with time and some more one on one experience with different species I'll be able to decide what would make the best match for me and my lifestyle. c:

oh tell us what you choose id recomend going on youtube and seeing how both scream so you could see which you would be more willing to hear my ggcs are relativley quiet and not as demanding the sun conures are breath taking the red factor sun conures are just wow see what you like and also why not look into other parrots my favorite was an eclectus they are nice quiet and beutiful i am still like trying to get one!

Never thought I'd get yet another bird. I'm excited to say that I'll be getting a 4 week old pineapple green cheek conure. Yay! I'm hoping to get my spoiled brat Charlie (sun conure) to get used to the new one so they can be frenz. I'm picking the lil one up tomorrow. I'll post pics as well.

Back
Top Bottom