cockatiel age breeding

Year in half, play it safe female, year in half male just over a year.
smile.png
ok on what age does cockatiels stop breeding

They generally start breeding in their second year and can go until their twenties apparently (mine are only a few years old). But yea it definately depends on how healthy the birds are and how egg crazy the female is. Some female get so egg crazy they will lay themselves to an early retirement and intervention is needed. Do you have cockatiels at the moment?

Last edited:
They generally start breeding in their second year and can go until their twenties apparently (mine are only a few years old). But yea it definately depends on how healthy the birds are and how egg crazy the female is. Some female get so egg crazy they will lay themselves to an early retirement and intervention is needed. Do you have cockatiels at the moment?

yes I have it for a week now and they allready have a egg in the nest can you believe this...
ep.gif

Just to let you know,
1 congrats on your egg
2 more to come lol, they will start laying on them when the last egg is layed

Do your birds have a nesting box? I hope so.
I hope you have hand raised baby's before, if you didn't, get in contact with a breeder, I am sure they can show you how to feed the babys.its harder then it looks lol, watching u tube, or reading on how to, is not the way to go, talk with a breeder, so that you can first hand see, hopefully try feeding a baby that knows how to chug
I hope, I am not over stepping (bossy) I just want to save a heart break, if something went wrong. :)

Just to let you know,
1 congrats on your egg
2 more to come lol, they will start laying on them when the last egg is layed
Do your birds have a nesting box? I hope so.
I hope you have hand raised baby's before, if you didn't, get in contact with a breeder, I am sure they can show you how to feed the babys.its harder then it looks lol, watching u tube, or reading on how to, is not the way to go, talk with a breeder, so that you can first hand see, hopefully try feeding a baby that knows how to chug
I hope, I am not over stepping (bossy) I just want to save a heart break, if something went wrong.
smile.png
lol thanks yes they are in a avairy in a very good nestbox will take picture of it and post it for you

Oh that would be wonderful :)
I love raising baby birds (parrots) .I have one that is being hand feed, she weighs 96 grams, I weigh them every morning,before they get fed. Umm she is 30 days old and starting to fledge. LOL SHE IS WATCHING THE OLDER ONES, and trying to play with them but the older ones are saying LEAVE ME ALONE "DONT TOUCH ME YOU GOT COOTIES LOL, I love watching them learn how to play :D

Back
Top Bottom