Cockatiel and not being by the Kitchen

Quite the opposite! If you have just one budgie, and he has a mirror, it will drive him crazy and cause behavioral problems because the mirror will not interact with him like another live bird would. It will frustrate him, or at the least, cause him to develop an unhealthy obsession with the mirror-bird.

If you want your budgie to bond with you, don’t give him a friend, whether live or mirror-friend. You be his friend. It’s ok if you’re gone at school during the day. Give him plenty of attention before and after, and he will learn the routine. Daytime while you are away will become his nap time.
Haha! That is one of the most controversial topics in the world of bird keeping. It's really up to the owner. I've seen huge changes to the birds confidence one it has a mirror. Some people think it's cruel.

Also. As to the cage. What I meant by 'small' was NOT one of those tiny little cages you can buy from the pet store. A cockatiel size cage would be fine. You'll have to check the width between the bars as to make sure they can't escape though.

Get something like this-
Screenshot_20201126-085348_eBay.jpg
As opposed to this-
20201126_085449.jpg

Haha! That is one of the most controversial topics in the world of bird keeping. It's really up to the owner. I've seen huge changes to the birds confidence one it has a mirror. Some people think it's cruel.

Also. As to the cage. What I meant by 'small' was NOT one of those tiny little cages you can buy from the pet store. A cockatiel size cage would be fine. You'll have to check the width between the bars as to make sure they can't escape though.

Get something like this-
View attachment 2425749
As opposed to this-
View attachment 2425750
Oh yes, by small I meant they would need a cage not as big or expensive as a cockateil cage. And yes budgie and parakeets where I live are the same thing to me sorry. And the morrow thing yea I had a hamster who would put his paw against the mirror but I'm thinking birds are different because territory maybe idk.

Get something like this-
View attachment 2425749
As opposed to this-
View attachment 2425750
I think you are right, that the mirror issue can hinge on the individual bird.
And that is an excellent illustration of good vs bad cage!

And yes budgie and parakeets where I live are the same thing to me sorry.
That’s ok! Not many people know the term budgie. But if you get involved in birds, there are so many other types of parakeets to distinguish between, that you get used to the word.
Here is a screenshot of the Wikipedia article on parakeets:
6CEDE3AE-BB49-4D8F-8FE4-473F44F915F1.png

Link to full article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parakeet
And here is another screenshot showing several species of parakeets:
237485E8-2894-4257-9BC2-E444ED970D51.jpeg

That’s ok! Not many people know the term budgie. But if you get involved in birds, there are so many other types of parakeets to distinguish between, that you get used to the word.
Here is a screenshot of the Wikipedia article on parakeets:
View attachment 2426127
Link to full article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parakeet
And here is another screenshot showing several species of parakeets:
View attachment 2426128
Oh yes the Budgerigar to us a parakeet because thats the only ones we have near us. haha Thank you. I've been looking into fostering one (or any small bird) instead if I cant adopt.

Back
Top Bottom