Cockerel Contest, Ends feb 1st 2019

French Toast
10 weeks old
Buff Orpington
French Toast is the oldest of this hatching and has taken the role of protector. He's also quite friendly once he gets to know you. He's got a lovely sound to his crow and is teaching the other roo to crow as well. The ladies seam to not mind that he rules the roost.

Attachments

• 20190113_132636.jpg
    20190113_132636.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190113_145549.jpg
    20190113_145549.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 13
French Toast
10 weeks old
Buff Orpington
French Toast is the oldest of this hatching and has taken the role of protector. He's also quite friendly once he gets to know you. He's got a lovely sound to his crow and is teaching the other roo to crow as well. The ladies seam to not mind that he rules the roost.
He looks red in the picture? More like a New Hampshire red I think but not a dark red like a Rhode Island red.

This is what Buff Orp roos usually look like (not mine)
buff_orpington_2_1.jpg

Elwood P. Dowd
2 years old
Columbian Wyandotte
Elwood was a lovely rooster! He had a cross beak but did just fine. He ate all on his own and I didn't help him with that at all. He was good to the girls and had a couple of babies. A stray dog came into the yard and attacked him. He didn't survive his injuries. I cried and cried.

I miss you Elwood.

Edwood grown with crossbeak small.jpg

He looks red in the picture? More like a New Hampshire red I think but not a dark red like a Rhode Island red.

This is what Buff Orp roos usually look like (not mine)
buff_orpington_2_1.jpg
All the New Hampshire I've seen have yellow legs, mine don't they are more flesh tone legs . Maybe a Red Orpington and I might have mis understood what my friend said. Now I'm confused .

Back
Top Bottom