Cockerel Dog Attacked, Won't Move Leg! Sprained/Broken???

I would guess that yes he will always have a problem with his leg, but if he isn't x-rayed you will never know.

Do you let him live in pain or MAYBE heal or do you end his suffering.
It's up to you to make that choice, we can't make it for you but we can offer your advice.[/QThanks for the advice. While we kind of got used to treating sicknesses, we've never come across dealing with breaks and sprains. I'll be glad if he does well. If not, then of course we'll have to decide. But I'm very grateful to everyone and their advice. I've got a lot to learn still.

I likely have long-term damage to me that is comparable to what that rooster is at most likely to suffer. If someone were to approach me to ease my suffering (as a way to ease theirs) then I would likely be very unpleasant at the very least.
I wouldn't like to keep him in pain if I could help it. I'll keep all these suggestions and advice in mind. For him and if this happens to another in our flock. Thanks for the advice/suggestions.

How is he doing today?

He's been doing better. He walks around, he's eating and drinking. He's being "pecky" to me. Has some spunk back. He's been talkative and has been stretching his wings/flapping them. He is limping, but he seems to be putting more strength and weight on it. Trying to move around some. He rests when tired. So really hoping he'll continue to recover.

Back
Top Bottom