Cockerel or Pullet Golden Laced Wyandotte?

I heard they pink up early . And these didn’t feather slowly or anything . I’m just curious !!
Sometimes the females can get bigger, colorful combs and wattles early in these two varieties. Not always, though.

I think GL-2 is definitely a female. I'd give a little more time for the other two. They are pinking up a bit, but I wouldn't worry about that. They just need to feather out more to gender them. I'd say 2 or 3 weeks more. Unless someone else pops in and can tell now.

It’s so weird . These are supposedly sexed pullets but I have a handful of suspect cockerels . Just my luck !
If they were sold as sexed pullets then they most likely are just that. Wyandottes are tricky, as has been said. Keep an eye on them, and if you do get a cockerel, contact the hatchery or wherever they came from and try for a refund. Then put up an ad if you can't keep a rooster.

If they were sold as sexed pullets then they most likely are just that. Wyandottes are tricky, as has been said. Keep an eye on them, and if you do get a cockerel, contact the hatchery or wherever they came from and try for a refund. Then put up an ad if you can't keep a rooster.
I’m going to keep one rooster for sure, but I’m thinking that might be my bcm cockerel. (Which I suspect because man does this boy have a big red comb and wattles ) I will definetly be contacting rural king if too many of these birds end up boys . I’ve had so much trouble rearing *^ up this flock already . Hate to find out that my survivors include a bunch of cockerels loll paid the pullet price for a bunch of sick chickens I’ll tell ya what 🤣

Update on my Maran cockerel and my suspected golden laced Wyandotte cockerel.

Attachments

• B7142A1E-23C4-4EB3-8382-E1B918E409D3.jpeg
    B7142A1E-23C4-4EB3-8382-E1B918E409D3.jpeg
    704.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1DFCE0F8-B85A-48C0-8D79-556187707A28.jpeg
    1DFCE0F8-B85A-48C0-8D79-556187707A28.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 13
I’m hoping so, but this one compared to the one I gave to my mom has a lot more red on the wattles and has some oranger feathers on its shoulders . But crossing my fingers for a beautiful pullet😂😂 not getting rid of her until she crows or grows saddle feathers

Back
Top Bottom