Cockerel or Pullet? Lavender Ameraucana

You should always remain professional and cordial, even when dealing with scammers. Never threaten. That can be considered harassment and extortion even though he started it
Do not be surprised if what you sent flames the situation. not advertising on Craigslist is hardly a penalty, don't be surprised if he doesn't respond or gets angry now.
Call the sherif if you feel thst strongly.

agree, definitely not my finer moment. I honestly don’t think if I had responded better to his telling me to pound sand it would have caused him to give me the hens he promised—but you are right that I’ll never know! Kindness is always the best approach. But I am angry! After I bought the cockerels for $60/each, he actually had the audacity to send me a text the next morning trying to convince me I should buy more because they are so rare. Saying and I quote “of course, if any turn out to be roosters, I will always exchange them for hens.” I never bought more thankfully, and now he’s stiffed me out of $120 AND blue eggs!

I care more about the blue eggs honestly. 🤣

You should always remain professional and cordial, even when dealing with scammers. Never threaten. That can be considered harassment and extortion even though he started it
Do not be surprised if what you sent flames the situation. not advertising on Craigslist is hardly a penalty, don't be surprised if he doesn't respond or gets angry now.
Call the sheriff if you feel that strongly!
Do not go dragging his name around town, that is petty, immature and unprofessional, I know he's a scammer but this should be handled quietly if it does need police or law, you need to take the upper road.
I respectfully disagree that trying to prevent him from scamming others is unprofessional or petty.

Good call, thank you so much. Had not even thought I could get him banned from Craigslist. I just sent him this text, fingers crossed! 🙏

“I will give you one more chance to do what you promised. Think about it. The alternative is that you will be banned from Craigslist and can't advertise there anymore. Which would you prefer?”

Just give me my damn hens, man, and I’ll leave you alone!!
call the police or sheriff to report Internet fraud.

Also if you can delete messages get a screenshot from when he told you he would trade them. You don't want him to delete that solid peice of evendence, I would go ahead and screenshot the whole conversation.

Back
Top Bottom