Cockerel with lame leg.

The Breaker

Songster
8 Years
Yesterday morning I went to check on my chickens since I had not checked on theme in one day the day before I was out of state I did not get to but the day before that I made sure they had plenty of food and water knowing I would not have time to check on them the next day.so yesterday morning I went to check on theme and I found a cockerel stuck in a very awkward position under a small plastic box which was so small and light I have no idea he could stuck under it ,any way he can not move his legs it has been too days, this had happened to another chicken before that got trapped between a wall and some T-post but by now she was walking fine maybe he was stuck longer I don't know what to do I put him in a little cage ti him self but I found ants eating up his but so I ran with him to the water hose and washed him off and put him back in the pen thinking better to take a risk in here than out there. Please help!

I think I would put him in a dog cage just to be on the safe side, so that the others don't pick on him. Make sure he gets lots of water tonight since he may be extremely dehydrated. Electrolytes would be good also.

Back
Top Bottom