cockerel with pendulous crop

Also, I read something that said that DE can be used as a natural dewormer, but the only kind of worms it would kill in a chicken (if it worked at all) would be roundworms. I read about it being used for mammals, but in any situation the site said it has to be fed in huge quantities for long periods of time.  Again, not really practical for us, and, although I think it's a useful additive for the bath, I don't think I'd trust it by itself for anything, especially not in our situation.  The site I looked at specifically said that DE does not kill worm eggs. I think Dawg is right, for a diagnosed worm problem, you must use commercial dewormer products specifically made for poultry.

Yes you and dawg are right.
DE is like super finely ground dead shell animals. It's suppost to scratch and suffocate the worms but the worms are in water. But I know that DE can be used on dogs, cats, chickens, ect to kill round worms and mites and lice. I thought I could kill other worms besides round worms. Sorry about that. :)

I know Dawg is right. Been there done that with DE long ago. The sure thing it will do is empty your wallet or purse, waste of money. You'll learn in time.

Well, as I said, I've already learned. I'm just trying to figure out which is the best dewormer to use right now.

Back
Top Bottom