Cockerel?

rianrochelle

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2017
Hi All -

About 6 weeks ago I posted a picture of my bantam asking what breed it might be.

Today, I'm asking if anyone can tell if it's a pullet or a cockerel? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7027.JPG
    IMG_7027.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7028.JPG
    IMG_7028.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 10
The comb is vivid red, so I'd say its a cockerel, but I'm not familiar with the breed, so take that with a pinch of salt

How old is it as this time(photo)? Did it have a red comb 6 weeks ago. If Not, I would say it's a cockerel. I'm sure Bantam Lover 21 could tell you what breed, she knows her banties very well.

How old is it as this time(photo)? Did it have a red comb 6 weeks ago. If Not, I would say it's a cockerel. I'm sure Bantam Lover 21 could tell you what breed, she knows her banties very well.
It did not have a red comb 6 weeks ago.

How do I find Bantam Lover 21?

Looks like a pullet to me, though my answer could change if it develops pointed saddle feathers in the next few weeks. As for breed, where did you get it from? I'm thinking Old English Game or a mix of that breed, but I'm not sure.

I agree with BantamLover, I think its an OEG pullet. Kinda looks like one of mine, but slightly different color.
Thank you both (@BantamLover21 too). We'll see. Whatever it is, it sure is feisty :) Chest bumps my other 3 chicks and chases them all over. I bought them at a local feed store. Old English wasn't listed as a possibility. I had been thinking Easter ever but I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the breeds!

IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG
May I jump in on this active thread? My hen hatched 12 chicks and I am going to sell some of them but am far from an expert on sexing. Can you give some tips on what you look for? They are about 3 weeks old. Mama is an australorp and daddy is likely a New Hampshire Red.

Back
Top Bottom