Cockerel??

ZazasMom

Songster
Jan 18, 2021
Northern Rhode Island, USA
Hey everyone,

I'm ready to bring all cockerels from our May hatch back to the breeder and wanted to confirm that this 9 week old "breed unclear" is a cockerel?

The feathers are growing in weird directions... Do you see hackle feathers? I think the back feathers still look too rounded, but the front looks like a boy.

Thanks in advance!

IMG-4218.jpg IMG-4226.jpg

IMG-4176.jpg IMG-4197.jpg IMG-4199.jpg IMG-4200.jpg

Hey everyone,

I'm ready to bring all cockerels from our May hatch back to the breeder and wanted to confirm that this 9 week old "breed unclear" is a cockerel?

The feathers are growing in weird directions... Do you see hackle feathers? I think the back feathers still look too rounded, but the front looks like a boy.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2745840 View attachment 2745841

View attachment 2745835 View attachment 2745836 View attachment 2745838 View attachment 2745839
Tricky one. Can you part the feathers in the middle back to check for budding saddles?

Okay, thank you! I'll look a little further up next time, I'm still new at this :cool: Probably wait until they go to sleep tonight - he/she was kicking and screaming!

My husband said the voice sounded like a rooster. Is that a thing??

Okay, thank you! I'll look a little further up next time, I'm still new at this :cool: Probably wait until they go to sleep tonight - he/she was kicking and screaming!

My husband said the voice sounded like a rooster. Is that a thing??
Cockerels generally do get deeper voices as they age.

Back
Top Bottom