cockerels seriously fighting at 6 weeks old?!?!

mudpaw

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
West Point, GA
Yesterday I had to go outside an physically seperate two of my little EE boys. They are just a few days past 6 weeks old...I never expected it this early/ They were both bloody and on had the other by the head when I got out there
sad.png
I admit it was a little funny seeing tiny little boys duking it out like that LOL ...an old school cock-fight. Any one else's do this so early?

I have a week old game stag that has to be seperated already, he almost killed an older / larger stag yesterday when I wasn't paying attention.

I had two trying to kill each other at about 3 weeks old. The one that just couldn't stop was the one that was all bloody and losing.

I kicked them out of the run with the adult free-rangers for two days and they were best friends again. (The two free-range roos won't hurt the babies, but the hens won't hesitate to put them in their place)

wow, so it could have been even earlier. I usually only have hens, so this threw me for a loop
wink.png
wow, the things hormones can do.

Socializing with the big boys makes them a better bird - some of them are just all hormones and do not have the savy..need to be taught about the lay of the land and what life is all about!

Back
Top Bottom