Cockerels

mariegeoff

Hatching
Feb 3, 2016
Hi can any one help me I incubated eggs out of 7 I got 5 boys black silkies very tame but my cockerels are now making so much noise my neighbours are not happy any suggestions? I have asked local farms from they would take them but no luck they are such lovely boys please help my poor neighbours thank you

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Unfortunately, unwanted roosters are a dime a dozen. You can advertise them on Craigslist. You can also check with your local feed store. They may know of someone who would like to have them. They may even have a bulletin board you can advertise them on. You can also check with your local 4h. Some of the students might like to have them. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in re-homing your roosters.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with rehoming your boys.

Hi and welcome to bYC. I'd suggest searching for your state thread and asking there if anyone would like to take them off your hands.

Good luck
CT

Sadly the problem of trying to rehome unwanted roosters, is plaguing chicken folks everywhere. If you have an Asian community in your area - silkies are a delicacy for their black meat and bones.

Back
Top Bottom