Cockrell with we leggs?

cicknmama

Songster
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
Hardin, Montana
Title was meant to be: Cockrell with weak leggs. I have a Cockrell that is 12 weeks old. I purchased him with 3 pullets all Wyandotte's. I was noticing that he sits down alot, even when eating. I noticed today that his leggs shake and he looks a little wobbly when he walks. His behavior is normal other than that. His previous owner had him on organic starter and i kept him on starter until I ran out. I then switched to all flock since they are now integrated into my adult flock. Could this have something to do with feed and his growth rate? The All Flock is a 20% crumble. None of the other pullets seem to be having any trouble. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Title was meant to be: Cockrell with weak leggs. I have a Cockrell that is 12 weeks old. I purchased him with 3 pullets all Wyandotte's. I was noticing that he sits down alot, even when eating. I noticed today that his leggs shake and he looks a little wobbly when he walks. His behavior is normal other than that. His previous owner had him on organic starter and i kept him on starter until I ran out. I then switched to all flock since they are now integrated into my adult flock. Could this have something to do with feed and his growth rate? The All Flock is a 20% crumble. None of the other pullets seem to be having any trouble. Any ideas?
Anyone?

Your food choices sound fine to me.

What is your goal with this cockerel? I'm not sure what is causing his problems, but frankly I wouldn't breed this bird.

Was hoping to get chicks from my EE's with him. Wanting to try for olive eggers. He is a Welsummer. He seems very tall for his age. Seems to be growing tall but not filing out much. Is that normal. First time Roo owner here.

It's not the feed. I routinely feed an all flock feed to all of my birds, chicks to old hens, with no leg issues.

Growing tall while not filling out is completely normal. I wouldn't expect him to really fill out until at least one year of age.

It's not the feed. I routinely feed an all flock feed to all of my birds, chicks to old hens, with no leg issues.

Growing tall while not filling out is completely normal. I wouldn't expect him to really fill out until at least one year of age.
Thank you...that's reassuring.

Back
Top Bottom