Coco pop seramas Thread !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
These roosters may carry cocopop genes but they do not qualify as cocopops.
The gold one has near normal hackle intensity and the white one... is just a white one.

O, and that a huge serama can throw A size chicks is a selling trick...
wink.png

i think people are getting confused with chocolate, dun and cocopop... after joey's post, coco pop is a color morph that looks like the OG rooster named captain crunch or something... lol...

maybe cocopop doesn't mean the same thing to everyone..? i'm just gonna start calling chocolate or dun serama, chocolates or duns... LOL...

edit: btw, i have seen a large C roo over a medium B give out small type A chickens before... but i doubt a big hen can give anything... oh, and they have to lay small eggs... i've seen some C hens laying some tiny eggs, and produce B's or so... but not A's... and i've also seen some B hens laying some huge eggs... poor them... but when they hatch, they're all large B's and C's... it's also about genetics... just like color, leg size and posture, small birds is all about good genes...

yes it could be a gimmick to sell culls, but there is always a possibility based on good breeding and good genetics... i've heard of two D's giving a micro serama... but those have different genes... they're like deformed or midget chickens...

note some things you dont want to add to your lines like white ear lope thats a no no if your breeding show birds lol and coco pop should be small but all the ones that I've seen here on the west coats are huge the only ones that were small was from joey line but joey breed came from jerry S and not grady taylor . But for the color part I've seen white coco pop breed out red ones so I think its the genes

Last edited:
Quote:
The gold one has near normal hackle intensity and the white one... is just a white one.

wink.png

i think people are getting confused with chocolate, dun and cocopop... after joey's post, coco pop is a color morph that looks like the OG rooster named captain crunch or something... lol...

maybe cocopop doesn't mean the same thing to everyone..? i'm just gonna start calling chocolate or dun serama, chocolates or duns... LOL...

edit: btw, i have seen a large C roo over a medium B give out small type A chickens before... but i doubt a big hen can give anything... oh, and they have to lay small eggs... i've seen some C hens laying some tiny eggs, and produce B's or so... but not A's... and i've also seen some B hens laying some huge eggs... poor them... but when they hatch, they're all large B's and C's... it's also about genetics... just like color, leg size and posture, small birds is all about good genes...

yes it could be a gimmick to sell culls, but there is always a possibility based on good breeding and good genetics... i've heard of two D's giving a micro serama... but those have different genes... they're like deformed or midget chickens...

true couldnt agree more the size genes is in the hens cause smaller hen lay smaller egg their for give you smaller chicks but if you look at it the other way larger hens will give you the larger chicks but to make the chicks for F2 to be smaller then F1 all you got to do is mate the back son to the mom and the daughter to the father and the size will be smaller for F3 and so on if you keep doing that !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:

wink.png

I actually agree with you 100 percent, but i like many I am new to chickens and have mastered horse colors but not near understanding serama colors and the color genettic part. I was asked for breeders that will produce cocopops, when i bought my foundation stock, and i did go to a reputable serama breeder!! I am hoping to develop some fantastic birds using my foundation stock, like many things it will take hard work and dedication, The white roo with some carmel in him is from a cocopop sire bred to his sister, he is not cocopop himself put possibly with the chocolate box breeding i can get a few then isolate the males and breed them back to some hens. I find this color just amazing and hope that one day with lots of work among us it will breed true!! Until them i will be true to my self and true to the birds, IF the white roo throws any chicks with white in the lobes he will be retired and kept as a pet, however most serama fans out there PREACH type then color. I spoke with Jerry and he said at this point in time in the game to look at the bird as though it is a blk and white pic..... I dunno it is a long path but it is going to be fun!!

Quote:

wink.png

I actually agree with you 100 percent, but i like many I am new to chickens and have mastered horse colors but not near understanding serama colors and the color genettic part. I was asked for breeders that will produce cocopops, when i bought my foundation stock, and i did go to a reputable serama breeder!! I am hoping to develop some fantastic birds using my foundation stock, like many things it will take hard work and dedication, The white roo with some carmel in him is from a cocopop sire bred to his sister, he is not cocopop himself put possibly with the chocolate box breeding i can get a few then isolate the males and breed them back to some hens. I find this color just amazing and hope that one day with lots of work among us it will breed true!! Until them i will be true to my self and true to the birds, IF the white roo throws any chicks with white in the lobes he will be retired and kept as a pet, however most serama fans out there PREACH type then color. I spoke with Jerry and he said at this point in time in the game to look at the bird as though it is a blk and white pic..... I dunno it is a long path but it is going to be fun!!

yeah should be fun... that's why i'm trying to get a good true breedable color from my shamo... those also don't breed true in color... except for dominant white ones... i have a hen that's blue laced red, and i want to keep producing those...

anyways...

like the email joey put up, there is a combination of genes that makes a "cocopop"... unless you have what he describes, you aren't going to get a cap. cocopop out of them birds... unless they're split for columbian, eb, pattern, ig and all that other stuff... you will just get chocolates and dun... what that man is describing is pretty awesome.. i hope to see some in the future...

btw, joey is probably the closest to all of them...

Quote:

wink.png

funny you say that cara cause in true is if you dont have that color it will never be bread true of anything. LOL reason why is your coco pop is not even the right color so how will you get coco pop if you dont have the color to start your breeding anyway. To you I say good luck on breeding let me know how its coming along and if you ever reach your goal.
As for me im on the otherside of the US so can talk to you one on one about this color and breed but like joey say I will let my work for this color to speak for it self and hope more can add to this thread. I agreed this should be a group so gumbii let me know if you want to team up and start just this color and my restart when i get back.

Quote:
funny you say that cara cause in true is if you dont have that color it will never be bread true of anything. LOL reason why is your coco pop is not even the right color so how will you get coco pop if you dont have the color to start your breeding anyway. To you I say good luck on breeding let me know how its coming along and if you ever reach your goal.
As for me im on the otherside of the US so can talk to you one on one about this color and breed but like joey say I will let my work for this color to speak for it self and hope more can add to this thread. I agreed this should be a group so gumbii let me know if you want to team up and start just this color and my restart when i get back.

I don't mean to be rude but are you aware that the funny thing is on you????? What you wrote tell everyone you have limited knowlege to no knowlege on chicken breeding and how childish you are, lets not even talk about serama...
he.gif

FYI,
1) Cocopop gene carrier x cocopop hen or any hen will produce cocopop.
2) White earlopes gene can be eliminated through selective breeding.
3) Cocopop carrier x cocopop carrier will also produce recessive white and pumkin offsprings. I am working on F1xF1.
4) The pair I sold you is proven but you still need additional genes to produce show champ. Why do you think I kept my large birds with good type??
5) Class B x class B will not always produce class B & A offsprings.

If you keep on talking trash or making fun about other people and their birds, please take my name off of your conversation. I want to live in peace.
bow.gif

Hank69, you can correct me if I am wrong.....I know you know more about serama than any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom