coffee grounds

Starbuck Eggs??!!
ya.gif

Starbucks gives free dried coffee grounds away, and I put some around my maters last year. The plants loved them! Use them in the garden for things that like acidic soil.

yuckyuck.gif

Then we could charge more for celebirty chicks too. We could have the "RIR' Raspberry infused red double latte. Or the "BR" bold riser frappicino
gig.gif

I love starbucks just as much as I love my chickens.

I'm surprised I am the first to add this in, but this past summer I was having problems with ants coming in my run to get the chicken feed. I was worried about putting poison down for obvious reasons and so I asked around. I had a friend who has had chickens for years and years and year give me this advice: scatter some coffee grounds around the pen and the ants will become a problem of the past.

I was hesitant at first but followed directions and it worked. no more ants and as long as I didn't spread the coffee grounds in front of the chickens (so they though I was scattering a treat) they didn't eat it, and even when I did they would peck at it a little then leave it alone.

I hope this helps someone

Hey, great info!! I always used Taro around the kitchen sink to discourage ants coming into the kitchen but this year, they seem to like it!! I will try it outside the kitchen door on the ground. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Back
Top Bottom