Coffee's ready...

My hens are back to laying again, too.
woot.gif
I got five eggs out of seven hens today. I keep looking for a little Ameracauna egg, but they are taking their time to lay.

Tonapah - a new car is so exciting!! I was just thinking that the next vehicle I get (it will be a few years at least) might be a pick up. It would certainly make hauling shavings and grain and wood a heck of a lot easier.

It was very cold today, but I pruned raspberries and one of my pear trees anyway. Going dancing tonight - should be lots of fun!

Morning all. I'm inside after taking nice warm water to the birds. I was out there only 5 minutes and my fingers froze thru my gloves!!!! Only 4 degrees! I've got about 4 broodies now. I allowed my other blue cochin, Tiny, to stay on a cuckoo maran's egg. I'll have to see if she stays on it today. I also am seeing a RIR fighting to sit on Bluebell's stash! What a soap opera, there is always some kind of drama going on in the coop.
roll.png
Makes it interesting that's for sure.

Congrats on the new car Tonapah Pati! I'm sure you'll love it. The gas mileage should be good.

Sissy - I thought you weren't getting many eggs, maybe I misread. Are you able to sell any of them? I'm still trying to. I've got people driving by like reeeaaaaallllyy slow but no one is brave enough to stop I guess!
gig.gif
I gotta flash that smile of mine I guess so they know I don't bite! Hee! Hee! I'm thinking about putting up more signs. Leader signs pointing the way to fresh brown and green eggs. Sounds yummy don't it?

I guess some of the BYC folks are still digging out and maybe without electricity. Hope they're able to keep warm somehow. Hope nobody lost hatching eggs in their incubators. That has to be heartbreaking.

Enjoy the coffee people!!
pop.gif

Happy SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!!!

GO COLTS
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Gotta feed the girls and boys , fresh water and then off to work , should be home for the big game
thumbsup.gif

Right now I am sipping coffee and making oatmeal and talking to the great folks on BYC .

Mary

Good morning chicken wranglers
nic e here today 28 and snowy.How about those saints! My friend from La called right before the game and reminded me they were in .I dont watch football so I had no Idea and dont really care. I cant get eggs watching TV. Well have a warm and pleasent week start up! God bless.

Morning all. I don't watch football either but was asked who I would root for. I said the Colts and that they would lose simply because I was rooting for them. See, I was right. DD told me to put on the HSN right after the game and whichever team won the game would have their clothing, etc., for sale. I went to bed, but I'm sure they drummed it up big time. Don't got time for that junk.
old.gif
Seems our country is never done spending spending spending. I'm gonna be preparing for the next big storm that might hit on Wednesday. Gotta bring in more firewood, empty ashes, etc. Eggs are staying toasty warm under our broodies. We had 10 degrees here earlier.

Good morning all! It's a really bright sunny morning here! From inside, you can't tell that it's a bitter 1 degree out there. But I've got coffee, there's bacon in the microwave and eggs on the stove (thanks, ladies!). I'll make some toast and open up a jar of apple butter that we canned last fall.

Congrats to the Saints for a great game with some really gutsy plays. Even though I'm a Colts fan, I can really appreciate that they were just beaten by a better team last night.

Today is pipping day! Woohoo! Well, hopefully it is. If I did everything right, or right enough. I've got 30 eggs in. A mix of ameraucana, cuckoo marans, and black copper marans. It's our first attempt at incubating. My wife is checking every few minutes for grand-chicks.

Morning all Iam not a football watcher,

But I am a hot coffee drinker and enjoying a cup now.
caf.gif

used to be a tea totaler, but reading about coffee from all you BYCr
made me try the dunkin donuts brand and it is Delish.
I got busy with the flock and am getting eggs, I got 9 yesterday.
and I believe 11 the day before.thats from 11 hens
but still nothing from the 7 cochins that were doing such a good job .
and its been almost 2 months. ? Scoop I think weather is causing people
to just get home and comfy.I have not sold any eggs ..
I made eggs salad on toast and a few sliced on a fresh green salad.
thumbsup.gif

my ameraucans have not layed yet and nor the silkies or the Orp.
Tono--I guess you enjoyed your ride in your new car..
saw you drive by and you didnt stop for coffee..
gig.gif

Kismet.. how did the dance go. Have a great everyone.

Good morning, everyone!
frow.gif
Super Bowl night had me sleeping in late this morning.
th.gif

Got my first cup, with white chocolate mocha creamer...ahhhhhh.
droolin.gif

Getting ready for the storm here too, Scoop. Got some work to get done while I can still effortlessly walk to the coop.
thumbsup.gif
Come Wednesday morning, I fear we're gonna be knee deep to elbow in snow.
sickbyc.gif

Weirdmuse...good luck with your hatch. I've got my own bunch of fuzzy butts due on the 19th...from my own birds as well. It's always so exciting.
bun.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! It's sunny here and fairly decent temps out there. Gonna go out and enjoy it...once I somewhat recover from last night.
hide.gif

4 " of snow here but not really bad for a winter day.Coffee is good and chickens are fed.I got 31 eggs yesterday. Life is always good some days are just way gooder! God bless!

4 " of snow here but not really bad for a winter day.Coffee is good and chickens are fed.I got 31 eggs yesterday. Life is always good some days are just way gooder! God bless!

Back
Top Bottom