Coin Collectors? (Mainly AUD)

-Flash-

Free Ranging
Sep 15, 2021
NSW, Australia
I have been collecting coins for a while now, and I'm wondering if anyone else on this site collects coins?

My favourite coin to collect is the 5 c. I have nearly all the 5 c's from all the years it has been in currency. I'm just missing, 1972, 1985, 1986, 2017, 2020, and 2021.
There were no 5 c's made in 1985, or 1986, so I'm probably not gonna get them. And 1972 is quite hard to get, or so I've heard. I just can't seem to get my hands on any of the 2000's either... ah well. I'm currently trying to sort out my coin collection booklet. I started yesterday and have only just finished the 5 c's. I still have all the others to go! 😬 I'm also trying to collect error coins... so far not so good!

Me!!! I collect quarters. Mainly State quarters to be exact. There's two quarters for every State, and I almost have at least one of each State. There's probably less than 10 States that I have nothing in so far....

I also have other quarters that I just collect cause they're not your average quarters. There's also a couple of other coins that I got. Some are just different faced coins, whereas some are from different countries such as Canada, Spain, and England.

Me!!! I collect quarters. Mainly State quarters to be exact. There's two quarters for every State, and I almost have at least one of each State. There's probably less than 10 States that I have nothing in so far....

I also have other quarters that I just collect cause they're not your average quarters. There's also a couple of other coins that I got. Some are just different faced coins, whereas some are from different countries such as Canada, Spain, and England.
Ooh! That sound interesting! Do all your states have the same currency? (I don't know much about America.)

Ooh! That sound interesting! Do all your states have the same currency? (I don't know much about America.)
Yes. They have the same currency. Each State has their own special faced quarters, which I like to collect. ;)

Ooh! Is is hard to get them all?
Yeah, slightly. But I've been collecting for years. Everytime I get a quarter, as soon as I get a chance, I look it up in my booklet to see if I have it yet. I'm still searching for certain State quarters that I don't have. Like a quarter of my own State. I've been searching for at least one, for years! :th

Yeah, slightly. But I've been collecting for years. Everytime I get a quarter, as soon as I get a chance, I look it up in my booklet to see if I have it yet. I'm still searching for certain State quarters that I don't have. Like a quarter of my own State. I've been searching for at least one, for years! :th
Are there ones that are harder to get? EDIT: Are there ones that are harder to get than others?

Last edited:
Are there ones that are harder to get? EDIT: Are there ones that are harder to get than others?
Yes. My State quarters appear impossible for me to find. I had one once, but I needed money for something, so all my quarters were needed to be used. Since hand, I've restarted my collection, and now only have a few States that I have nothing of. Connecticut is one of the easiest to find. It has a tree on the backside, and I'm always finding one.

Okay, this might be weird but this is what I did. I went to the bank and got a bunch of coins.... and I found 2 or 3 really rare ones! Like only 2.1 million of them minted. Ever. In the whole country.

Okay, this might be weird but this is what I did. I went to the bank and got a bunch of coins.... and I found 2 or 3 really rare ones! Like only 2.1 million of them minted. Ever. In the whole country.
Wow, and a great thought! I never go to the bank, so this probably would never be an opinion for me.

BTW, the other day, my Mom found this jar of coins in the leftover junk in my new shed. I went through them all, and had a couple great finds. Now, of my State quarters with nothing so far, I only have Maine and Arkansas so far! :wee :wee
Today, someone gave me some of their extra quarters because they knew I collected them. Was able to add a couple more to the collection. :p

Back
Top Bottom