naadarien

Songster
9 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Central Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
Hi:

I am looking for roosters/cockerels for my calm PBR and Comet hens. We live in Vermont so birds that do well in the cold are my preference.

Looking for the following breeds: Wyandotte, PBRs, Brahma, Buckeye, Cochin, Chantecler.

I am purposefully looking at heritage breeds. I am ok with hybrids of these birds as well.

I travel down the eastern seaboard for work at least once a month so I can pick up a bird in any state between VT and MD (and 3-4 times a year to eastern NC). Just PM me and we can work out the details. I do not want a bird to be shipped. Would consider the shipping of an egg, but that would a last option. My hens are twenty weeks so I am looking for juvenile boys.

I would give preference to birds needing to be re-homed first, but am willing to buy the right birds. I am just starting a breed program so I am not interested in taking a prized, show bird at this point though I would love to make connections with good breeders of these breeds whom I can source in the future so I would certainly consider your less-than-show-quality birds.

Thanks for your consideration.

I have some LB and BLRW Roos that need a good home. I'm in DE so I'm not far from MD and could meet you. They are all 16 weeks old and very pretty.

Last edited:
Hi,

We are in Massachusetts and have a number of rare breed roos/cockerels that are in need of re-homing. All arrived as day old chicks in mid-April and are vaccinated for both Cocci and Mareks. All are well loved and have been hand-raised and fed by my 14 year old son, husband and me. We took straight run from Murray McMurray and ended up with ten cockerels in a flock of twenty three so we need to re-home some of them. All are cold hardy with the exception of the Sicilian Buttercup.

We have the following available:

Black Langshan - 3 cockerels
White Langshan - 1 cockerel
Dark Brahma - 1 cockerel
Silver Penciled Rocks - 2 cockerels
Sicilian Buttercup - 1 cockerel
Golden Polish - 1 cockerel
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - 1 cockerel

Depending on where exactly you are located, we would be happy to deliver or meet you part way. Please let me know if you are interested in any of them. Can also provide photos if you would like.

Last edited:
I have some LB and BLRW Roos that need a good home. I'm in DE so I'm not far from MD and could meet you. They are all 16 weeks old and very pretty.

Hi Tara:

I tried to PM you. Not sure if I was successful. I will be in Southern NJ next week. If it is not going to be too hot next Friday, I could drive down on Thursday and pick up your roos. I have a meeting on Friday and they'll need to wait in the car while I complete that task, but beyond that there shouldn't be any issue. PM me and we can discuss the particulars. Thanks!

Hi,

We are in Massachusetts and have a number of rare breed roos/cockerels that are in need of re-homing. All arrived as day old chicks in mid-April and are vaccinated for both Cocci and Mareks. All are well loved and have been hand-raised and fed by my 14 year old son, husband and me. We took straight run from Murray McMurray and ended up with ten cockerels in a flock of twenty three so we need to re-home some of them. All are cold hardy with the exception of the Sicilian Buttercup.

We have the following available:

Black Langshan - 3 cockerels
White Langshan - 1 cockerel
Dark Brahma - 1 cockerel
Silver Penciled Rocks - 2 cockerels
Sicilian Buttercup - 1 cockerel
Golden Polish - 1 cockerel
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - 1 cockerel

Depending on where exactly you are located, we would be happy to deliver or meet you part way. Please let me know if you are interested in any of them. Can also provide photos if you would like.

Hi. Photos would be great. I loved to see them.

I live on the VT/NH border about 45 mins north of Lebanon, NH (where Dartmouth College is). Where are you in Mass? Closer to I-91 or I-93? I'd be happy to meet you anywhere along those (or I-89) highways.

I would be interested in all of your birds though you'll have to tell me more about the Buttercup. I am currently acclimating my birds to the cold. We have lately had mild winters and though New England is like a box of chocolates weather-wise, I don't expect a harsh winter. We normally hover just around 28-36 degrees. We haven't had a zero degree day in 5 yrs or so. You know the breed better than I. Will it handle those temps?

Thanks so much for responding. :)

Yvonne

Back
Top Bottom