Collapsible Chicken Tractor

Sushikam

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2020
I have my 4 girls in their new coop/run as of last Friday. And its plenty of space for them, but I'd like the option to let them roam the yard in the afternoons when someone is home to keep a moderate eye on them. We have s newly discovered hawk problem, as well as a couple of naughty dogs, so I can't let them roam freely unless we are right there with them. I was thinking of building something like in this link: https://greenseggsandcans.wordpress...d-a-portable-collapsible-chicken-tractor/amp/ . Its perfect! I just don't want the flexible mesh sides. I do want it to collapse for storage though. I was considering adding plywood to fit that triangle gap, with a hinge. Do you think that would work? Up until building this coop, I've never built a thing in my life. So I have no true visual of how that could work! Hoping for some insight or ideas 😁.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Its not predator proof... thats for sure, you couldn't be too far away from them at all, but I considered this very same thing for areas that are hard to mow. The plywood with a couple hinges would work great on one side of the triangle and a slide bolt or something similar on the other to keep it closed.
Give it a try.... but don't leave them out there alone in it. But then, Im not sure what your predator situation is, and a dog could easily toss it right off of them. My farm is to open to leave them alone for long....

Back
Top Bottom