collapsible pool

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Jun 2, 2018.

1. TLWR

TLWR Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Has anybody used a pool like this for their ducks?
    58461_prd1_2014_web_27.jpg
    The duck pond has been going for 7 years now and well, pressure treated wood gives up eventually. I have another leak in the filter box somewhere that we are trouble shooting, but the wood supporting the pond is slowly rotting away, so will need to replace the pond at some point. I fear sooner than later :(

IMG_4373.JPG

Runner duck mom and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. April’s Zoo

April’s Zoo Songster

May 31, 2018
    Puget Sound area
    I think it could work but I think I’d get new wood and build a “surround” for it... make it easy on yourself and build it as an octagon. Putting the flat “deck” pieces on the top will give the ducks a place to stand, as in your current set-up. You’ll still be able to replace the pool by folding up the old one and unfolding the new one into the surround. Have you thought about how you’ll set up the pump and filter in a pool like that?

casportpony likes this.
  3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

I just use kiddie pools here...Just as fun to a Duck...

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Love that built pond but sure understand about the treated wood
    I have plastic kiddy pools but once they crack I have had them for many years I will probably go with this A few members really like these. Walmart
    [​IMG]

PirateGirl and Runner duck mom like this.
  5. Runner duck mom

Runner duck mom Songster

Nov 15, 2017
    Georgia
    I love the wood pool setup you have, it's very nice!
    I have had an intex mini frame pool for the past year and has held up well even with being setup all winter.
    https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Mini-F...40_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=intex+mini+frame+pool
    It has a drain plug on the bottom the only issue is that it's small so it takes a long time to drain.
    It does waste a lot of water having to change it every few days so having a filter setup is something I hope to do in the future.
    The collapsible pool would probably work well for a temporary solution while doing repairs on their pond.

Lil Drake40 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: