Collar on turkey?

Jess452

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
I have a younger turkey so I can't trim her feathers yet and she is starting to get a bit of wanderlust when she sees us in the yard and flys over the runs fence. I was wonderfing if anyone have put like a collar and name tag or a collar that has info sew on it on a turkey? Just as like a safety measure if she does it well we aren't home

I have a younger turkey so I can't trim her feathers yet and she is starting to get a bit of wanderlust when she sees us in the yard and flys over the runs fence. I was wonderfing if anyone have put like a collar and name tag or a collar that has info sew on it on a turkey? Just as like a safety measure if she does it when we aren't home
As @townchicks pointed out a leg band is an option. Another option is a wing band which can be bigger and could contain more information but is also usually not as visible without close inspection.

I have chickens turkeys geese and ducks. I got the turkeys geese and ducks in March as babies. Should I be clipping there wings. So far they haven’t tried flying. I noticed my turkeys jump on top of their playhouses which I use for them to sleep in but they haven’t jumped over my backyard fence as of yet. Should my adult chickens wings be clipped also?

Back
Top Bottom