Collecting House Plants

I have put em in the shower with me at times. Or I out them in the sink and give them a shower with the hose. That had helped some in the past, but Im thinking that I have a diease or something. Thanks for your idea thou. I didnt get to take a pic yet.

Quote:
I only have about 30 at the moment and mine feels the same way... i bring one home and I get either "where are you going to put that???"
idunno.gif
or "don't you have enough already?" Silly, if I had enough would I bring home more???

Some of my plants belonged to my great grand mother, grand ma, my ma and now me. When we were dealing with my parents estate, my twin sister was throwing the plants away. When I pulled in and looked in the dumpster, I darn near had a heart attack to see them plants in there. I crawled in there and took em out while the whole time she was running her mouth, that they were no good she threw em away because of this and that. I told her shut her mouth and put in the ol caddy, they were going home with me. I hauled a car load of plants from PA to IN in the ol caddy. then 2 years later she came out to IN for a visit and wanted a few of the plants. I said NO WAY, you threw em away, I got em and Im keeping them. I even kept the one that was givin to my mom when us twins were born. Its still in the same pot, this one is almost 41 years old.

Better half not like all of my plants, but thats what Im givin almost every hoilday, go figure.

Keeping the cats out of them can be a full time job. I ball up news paper and put in around the plant to keep the cats out of them.

I can't wait to add to my plant collection..I have a bunch of seeds I can't wait to start..Ofcourse some are for my garden and some are for the house..So far I have..

2 Norfold plants
Spider Plant
Air Fern
Christmas Cactus
2 I'm not sure about, they were left in the house we just moved in to..

Quote:
Cats and plants... sheesh, never ending battle, finally just arranged them in locations she can't get to... tried everything, she's super persistent (and a royal pain!). Acutally have one perched atop a stool, on top of a small end table (looks horrid, but at the moment it's the only way to keep her away from it!) Most go outside during nice weather, but they are painting our house and lanai (and taking their sweet time... into week 3 now), so I dare not put them out yet.
sad.png
I know I'll have to part with some when we move in June, there simply is no way in that heat to transport all the larger ones which need more headroom than my van can provide. I might be able to take two good size boxes of smaller plants
hit.gif
since two dogs also have to fit in the van. I've started cuttings where I can and will just have to start over.

Back
Top Bottom