Colloncas, Huastecs, & Quechuas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colloncas and Huastec babies

A white Huastec hen that Yashar sent I have not hatched any white ones.The Huastecs have been great layers and fertility has been great
I have hatched alot of beautiful babies. The Colloncas seem to be harder to get fertile eggs I have trimed tail feathers to help

Cannot wait till I can get my hands on some colloncas. They are gorgeous. Out of curiosity are there standard plumage colors for them like Ameraucanas-wheaten, blue wheaten, etc or can it be mixed?

Mine have been mixed I do not think there is a certain standard color . I have some light and 1 dark colored ones .

Colloncas and Huastec babies

Are the Huastecs a smaller bird? That one is going to be adorable. That Collonca says "Roo" to me and he is going to be a gorgeous one! Is your Collonca from tailless to tailless breeding? Keep us posted on how the tailless trait is breeding. I won't be doing any breeding until March and/or April then I have to see how they come out. I am glad you are pursuing these.

Yes they are smaller and some are feathered leg and some are different colors.I think black is a standard color and they are supposed to have black skin I have mostly hatched black skin and crest and and small birds.

Are the Huastecs a smaller bird?  That one is going to be adorable.  That Collonca says "Roo" to me and he is going to be a gorgeous one! Is your Collonca from tailless to tailless breeding?  Keep us posted on how the tailless trait is breeding. I won't be doing any breeding until March and/or April then I have to see how they come out.  I am glad you are pursuing these.  All of my Colloncas are tailess and all I have hatched have also been tailess since I have had them seperated.

That is great to know. I have to wait for the rain to let up - hopefully by april. then I want to have my husband build several breeding pens so I can separate out the different breeders. .sadly, I lost my beautiful red cockerel collonca to a predator He was not too bright and wasn't real well attached to the flock. Since he was taken, the other ones are sticking together like glue and they stay under cover. I love the pullets quiet peeping chirps when I talk to them. they seem to really like to hear you talk. that is a trait all of my araucans have as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom