Color ? Blue laced red Cochins & lemon blue cochins.

Outlaw farm

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
Im trying to breed blue laced red Cochins. My mom is doing blue laced red wyandottes. Im not in to wyandotte but love the color.
Im thinking of crossing silver laced cochin with gold laced first then the f1 from that hatch with a splash or blue?
I know some one was trying before but cant fine it.
Im also going to work on some lemon blue cochins.

Silver laced x gold laced won’t get you any blues. You could do gold laced x splash (or blue) and keep crossing the blue/splash offspring back to gold laced. However, this would produce blue laced golds, not blue laced reds. You would have to introduce the mahogany gene, which I’m not sure is in cochins.

Silver laced x gold laced won’t get you any blues. You could do gold laced x splash (or blue) and keep crossing the blue/splash offspring back to gold laced. However, this would produce blue laced golds, not blue laced reds. You would have to introduce the mahogany gene, which I’m not sure is in cochins.
Should i I add red cochins to my plan?

Hi everyone,
Im trying to breed blue laced red Cochins. My mom is doing blue laced red wyandottes. Im not in to wyandotte but love the color.
Im thinking of crossing silver laced cochin with gold laced first then the f1 from that hatch with a splash or blue?
Hi everyone,
Pic from someone on fb. They got it going well. Can’t ship to the us though 😢.
9B34D736-502D-4A95-B593-C218F18C9083.png

I really want some bobtails from this guy

Back
Top Bottom