Color genetics thread.

Oh yes, I failed to include that roughly half of the offspring will be barred, both males and females.

It is true that a mix will often throw more than the predicted colors/patterns. So it’s possible you may get some other than those mentioned above (with and without barring of course).

A mixed breed.
Would resemble a Birchen for the most part.
How did you get the conclusion of duckwing?
The Birchen is E^R/E^R and partridge is e^b/e^b (I believe) so chicks would be Birchen/partridge E^R/e^b.
Duckwing is e+/e+ so Birchen Xs partridge will never make duckwing.

A mixed breed.
Would resemble a Birchen for the most part.
How did you get the conclusion of duckwing?
The Birchen is E^R/E^R and partridge is e^b/e^b (I believe) so chicks would be Birchen/partridge E^R/e^b.
Duckwing is e+/e+ so Birchen Xs partridge will never make duckwing.
I'm sorry... I meant to type Crele (as in cream legbar rooster) over Partridge (as in partridge cochin)

I'm sorry... I meant to type Crele (as in cream legbar rooster) over Partridge (as in partridge cochin)
Never actually done that cross but should look duckwing but be duckwing carrying partridge.
Will be barred females and single barred males.

On the 'Chicken Calculator'
( http://www.mechelsekoekoek.com/breedbook/?action=geneticscalculator )
I put in Crele (Cream Legbar) over Silver Laced (Wyandotte) and it gave me the results of the cockerels being 'black patterned gold incomplete laced barred' and the pullets being 'black patterned gold/yellow +S incomplete laced barred'.

What variety would this resemble (if any), what does 'incomplete laced barred' mean, and what does the '+S' mean?

Thank you!

Tried that calculator the +S in the color description is saying it is yellow/golden color and has one silver gene, that can be confusing because the + is normally used to designate the 'wildtype' gene. It looks like it is used correctly in the genotype.

Male parent is gold so pullets will all be gold (pullets can only be silver or gold, S/- or s+/-), cockerels on the other hand will be S/s+ or golden (actual color may vary from silver to golden yellow depending on other genes that my modify expression).

Hey! Any ideas on the genotype of this fella? Also, just curious, what gives some chicks that gorgeous eyeliner?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-21-06-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-21-06-1.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-17-38-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-17-38-1.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-14-32-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-15-14-32-1.png
    499.3 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom