Color Identification Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
The book Storey's Guide to Chicken Breeds might be a good resource for all the patterns you guys could cover. That book has a whole section devoted to it.

Don't know if this will work, but I am not sure how to post pictures. Here are a couple for you to start with, hope they do not come out to big, I have them all sized down to small.
Captured2008-8-2600000.jpg

Captured2008-8-2500008.jpg

Captured2008-8-2500013.jpg

I'll have to look into Storey's Guide to Chicken Breeds.

This was the sort of image I was thinking would work well.

michiganwoods_eehen.jpg

I used a flash to capture this picture, and she was outdoors. But I whited out the background and added a shadow beneath her feet to make it look as though she were in a studio. Presenting the images in this fashion would make it very easy for someone to sift through. No worries about editing your pictures if you're not able. If you get a good clean image of your chicken from chicken-eye-level perspective and nothing is covering any part of them, I can do the editing if need be.

That might be a tad more difficult with some breeds, like Easter Eggers. Most all of mine came in looking very similar, but they all turned out very different from each other. However, if I can keep track of who is who (perhaps I need to start banding for the purpose of this chart), I might be able to add some of those.

Wow, that is a great pic! If we could do that for all breeds / pics we could have the most amazing DB!

Could / should this be a part of the Breed / Chick ID projects? We really want to have those projects built out and need lots of help. Contests, prizes, whatever is needed to get more peeps to help and more pages built.

thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom