Color identification

Aug 28, 2020
I know I have some pearl and two different pied ones in there (both of which seem to be hiding behind others in these pictures) but I’m curious if anyone can tell what the others are? They are about 7 weeks old. 8F16FFBD-498B-45BB-A20B-F1D123390B16.jpeg 6ACC54E7-CB27-4B37-9F9F-F44A6B9C7C30.jpeg

I know I have some pearl and two different pied ones in there (both of which seem to be hiding behind others in these pictures) but I’m curious if anyone can tell what the others are? They are about 7 weeks old.View attachment 3216934View attachment 3216936
You are at the in between age where color identification is difficult. Guineas can normally be identified by very young keet photos or after they have their adult feathers.

I know I have some pearl and two different pied ones in there (both of which seem to be hiding behind others in these pictures) but I’m curious if anyone can tell what the others are? They are about 7 weeks old.View attachment 3216934View attachment 3216936
Lovely crew! :love Where are they from? They will get their adult feathers in a few months and that will make this much clearer, but… lavender or coral blue, royal purple? Violet or slate? One things for sure - you’ll have a colorful crew!

You are at the in between age where color identification is difficult. Guineas can normally be identified by very young keet photos or after they have their adult feathers.
Oh ok 👍 this is from when they were in the brooder - not the best lighting on any of my early pics because of the heat lamp. We lost several in the brooders (too small a space for too long while we built the coop). They’re in a 6x12 hoop coop now. So obviously some in this photo aren’t with us anymore. D2A94C20-C08A-4A7E-BAE6-99774941D5BC.jpeg

Lovely crew! :love Where are they from? They will get their adult feathers in a few months and that will make this much clearer, but… lavender or coral blue, royal purple? Violet or slate? One things for sure - you’ll have a colorful crew!
Thank you! I got them from a local farm about an hour from me. They also do peafowl and a few other things. Nice to have a source so close to home!

i still can't get over how pretty your birds are mine are pretty boring pls keep us updated as they grow older

i think you may have some
  • pearls
  • buff dundotte
  • bronze
  • pied
  • lite lavender
  • white
Thought I’d share an update on the crew. There are some beautiful colors in the mix. They are free ranging all day and cooping up easily for me every evening. I think seeing the chickens going through the routine helped them because it only took three days to get them used to it. F8A59D52-2ECF-48EB-861D-9EB0D34424F9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom