Color is killing me!!!!!!

Basskids08

Chick Logging
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
In the country somewhere
I'm sI'm still confused on the colors of EE. I know they have many different colors but I keep seeing if there's red on the shoulders it's a boy. So if there is no red on the bird at all, it's a girl? I have some that are grayish, silver, white and it looks like a boy.

Black and white roosters don't always get red on the wings, and some that do, don't get it until they're older. Black and white are the trickier colors to sex, IMO. You look for the pattern....diffuse, even coloring is female. Patches or splotches of color are male. There are some threads for sexing EE by color, it's good to look at lots of pics to train the brain for what you're looking for.

You can post pics of your birds, too.

Black and white roosters don't always get red on the wings, and some that do, don't get it until they're older. Black and white are the trickier colors to sex, IMO. You look for the pattern....diffuse, even coloring is female. Patches or splotches of color are male. There are some threads for sexing EE by color, it's good to look at lots of pics to train the brain for what you're looking for. 

You can post pics of your birds, too. 

I will post some tomorrow, need to get out to the coops and take pictures. Also what is IMO?

L
Omg, I should have known that. Anyway I'm going to get pictures in about an hour, hopefully then someone can help me out.

Look forward to the pics. Always love helping sex EE. They are always a challenge to sex. But always so much fun to watch them grow and feather out

I don't even bother trying to sex them until their feathers start coming in. Watch the comb and hackle feathers. I kept thinking this one was going to be a roo because of the color. Nope.

Ok here they are
Please help me with breed and gender. Some I know what they are but not sex

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom