Color question.

tn_artist

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Wilson, NC
TSC had a bit marked that it held Australorp, Wyandotte and Americauna chicks. The guy had no idea which were which. There were black and white chicks, which we assumed were the Australorp, chipmunk chicks-most with muffs, so they are EEs. The supposed Wyandotte were pale to medium grey with tiny flecks of buff or red on their faces. We got two because they were so tiny and cute. They looked like bantams they were so small. So-can anyone tell me what color these supposed Wyandottes will be?
20190824_204726.jpg
20190824_204707.jpg

The darker one is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.... and the lighter one is a Splash Laced Red Wyandotte! :celebrate
I had to look those up! Very pretty! Do they usually start our almost as small as bantams? I have never had Wyandottes. I'm more of a "feather legged bantam" girl, but have expanded my types a lot this year to include EE, Buttercups, lots of OEGB, Welsummer and 20 more in the brooder, because chicken math.

I had to look those up! Very pretty! Do they usually start our almost as small as bantams? I have never had Wyandottes. I'm more of a "feather legged bantam" girl, but have expanded my types a lot this year to include EE, Buttercups, lots of OEGB, Welsummer and 20 more in the brooder, because chicken math.
They are pretty small as babies. :)

Back
Top Bottom