Color question

I posted this little fluffer on the right at the time on BYC as I was in doubt and everybody told me she was blue based on the down color. She grew into this.
649D2C35-C332-421B-8C98-380D40C5D246.jpeg
B09CFD6C-1ED2-46F8-A64B-D971C810567F.jpeg

This really is starting to shape up like that Roo might actually be a very dark blue (and not black). Have you ever hatched chicks from him before??
Yes rest of his chicks where black
Screenshot_20210916-155851_Facebook.jpg
this was a chick from him my friend hatched two blacks from him my other chick is black which is only a week old if not blue it sure cant be lavender as both need to be split for that and his parents where a blue am rooster and a blue am hen though this chick is way to light to be black

Yes rest of his chicks where black View attachment 2835441this was a chick from him my friend hatched two blacks from him my other chick is black which is only a week old if not blue it sure cant be lavender as both need to be split for that and his parents where a blue am rooster and a blue am hen though this chick is way to light to be black
The rooster could carry lavender, since ameraucanas do have a common lavender variety, and it could be way back in his ancestry. However, I can’t see how a purebred BCM would carry lavender.

The rooster could carry lavender, since ameraucanas do have a common lavender variety, and it could be way back in his ancestry. However, I can’t see how a purebred BCM would carry lavender.
Actually they can these days as lavender Marans can be made with BCM/split to lavender. The lavender color was introduced several generations back from a lavender Orpington.
Though granted, this is not common.

Back
Top Bottom