Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

I set my BO eggs every three weeks. I have eggs the first week after I set them, where the hatching eggs are for sale. $20 a dozen. I'll be headed to Greeley next Saturday, so I can make a drop anywhere along the way.

Yes, I would love to try some Chocolate Orpington eggs. I can get to Arvada, but I need to get my incubator working better. Can I meet you a week from Tuesday or Wednesday (5/13 - 5/14)?

Subscribed. I am so thankful to find 'locals'!

I am looking for hatching eggs and reside at 8150 ft SW of the Denver Metro area. Anyone have any info? I am looking for Brahmas, Cochins, Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Salmon Faverolle, Welsummers, and/or Orpington.

I am willing to drive up to 4 hrs, and would prefer some laid at a min EL 7000 ft.

I only have mutts, but they are 8600 ft.

smile.png
I sell a dozen eggs for $3.75 in my neighborhood. I will let you do the math.
lau.gif
They are a mix of BR, BO, Marans, EE and Wyandotte. The two Roos are very nice, Dad and High Altitude Born and Raised Son, both mutts, all together with no fighting. You can PM me if you want to work something out.

Hello chicken lovers,
I'm at 7000 feet in the middle of the state and looking for a couple of laying or nearly laying pullets/hens. I know this thread is primarily for hatching eggs, but I do appreciate the Colorado nature of it, so I went ahead and posted here. Will pick up or meet halfway. Mutts are fine Will be integrating into a flock of 6 hens and one roo. No black & white breeds, though, as the rooster doesn't appreciate the aesthetic merits of that plumage.
Thanks!
Suzhenne

Last edited:
Here is a hatching egg proposition if anyone around the state is interested. I have several purebred roosters/cockerels: orpingtons in different colors and a couple of other breeds that I need to find homes for. If you are interested in breeding purebred chickens you could get the rooster now and as soon as I have fertile hatching eggs I will give you 6 so you can hatch your own.

Breeds/roosters I have are:

Chocolate English Orpington (not bantam but not LF either; in between size) - these are from a breeder in Pennsylvania
Ayam Cemani (Mike Bean - New York)
Olandsk Dwarf
Red English Orpington (Greenfire/Heirloom lines)
Jubilee English Orpington (Greenfire and other lines)
Spangle/Mottle English Orpington (Louise Caldwell - Autumn Farms)

Frizzle Polish Tolbunt -

Most of my hens are still pullets and should start laying eggs soon. Please contact me by PM if you have any interest. I definitely need to thin out some of the roos ... my patient neighbors are hemming/hawing! :)
-Cindy
Arvada CO

Cindy that is quite an offer! If I had space I'd take you up on a couple of those in a heartbeat! What are the Ayam Cemani like to live with? Are they flighty, calm, accepting of confinement? I have never known anyone with them, and know very little about them other than they are black everywhere and pretty rare. Same questions about the Olandsk Dwarf.

What is it that makes a color proper Tolbunt? I have yet to raise a Polish although I've hatched several chicks, they seem very docile and clownish. Usually as soon as they hatch they're sold, although right now I have a few left from the last hatch I'm thinking about keeping.

Back
Top Bottom