Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by trsturself, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Kerstiens

Kerstiens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    I wish Murphy would show himself so we could give him a swift kick! :)

2. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    LOL we'd probably break a foot doing it!

3. bumpershoot

bumpershoot Chillin' With My Peeps

I was just thinking we need to get some geese to send after him! [​IMG]

4. COsteveo

COsteveo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    Subscribed. I am trying to hatch some shipped jumbo quail eggs in a homemade incubator, and if that doesn't work out I will need to find some locally. Closest source I have found so far is an hour and a half away in Wellington.

5. Pawsnhoofs

Pawsnhoofs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Calhan, Colorado
    I so love this thread - we are just south of Peyton, we have black Austraporps and Buff Brahmas. I have an incubator full of eggs, some will be Brahma/Australorp crosses and some will be pure Buff Brahmas. Can't wait for them to hatch. This is our very first attempt at hatching chicks ourselves. We also have a breeding pair of Ancona ducks and we have a pair of white call ducks and a pair of blue fawn call ducks that we just purchased from Holderread this year. So excited for warmer weather.

6. jime

jime Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Elizabeth, CO
    I was wondering if somebody will be interested in some eggs.
    -Coronation and light sussex, chicks in this pen could be full coronation full light or splits.
    This are really nice big birds the girls lay really good.From Docs stock.
    I set 3 eggs for try and two hatch the other shrink on me and for some reason I can not safe those babies. (3 a day) 3.00 per egg
    -Saxony ducks: this are Holderread stock, I set three eggs, two hatch and one made it to lock down but then die on me.(2 day) 4.00 per egg
    I can not give big numbers so will have to be a mix.

7. lgc1970

lgc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    EL8150 SW of Denver, CO
    Would you have any hatching eggs for the BO in the next week or 2? Are they $20 / doz? How close to Denver are you? I can drive to Denver any day.

8. lgc1970

Apr 30, 2014
    EL8150 SW of Denver, CO
    Subscribed. I am so thankful to find 'locals'!

I am looking for hatching eggs and reside at 8150 ft SW of the Denver Metro area. Anyone have any info? I am looking for Brahmas, Cochins, Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Salmon Faverolle, Welsummers, and/or Orpington.

I am willing to drive up to 4 hrs, and would prefer some laid at a min EL 7000 ft.

9. lgc1970

Apr 30, 2014
    EL8150 SW of Denver, CO
    Me! I would love some Coronation - Sussex hatching eggs.

I live at 8150. What EL are you? I would love to come get 6 - 9 eggs on or around 5/14. Let me know if you still have any.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. Kerstiens

Kerstiens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    I have chocolate orpington eggs available. The hens are young but I'm hatching some out now to see how they do. I'm in Arvada so just the mile-high elevation give or take ... but you're welcome to try some of these eggs (no charge at this time); the chickens will be medium-size; not bantam and not big large fowl. They are quite beautiful birds if I do say so! In any case good luck.
    -Cindy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by