1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Colorado newcomer! Need help!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by NLewisColorado, Nov 3, 2013.

1. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    I posted this in another thread, but someone recommended I post it here too.
    I downsized my life and moved to Colorado Springs to start over, and my daughter bought me some new chicks, including two Barnevelders. One has revealed he is a roo...and in the city (I'm downtown) I am not allowed to have roosters. So sad, I love roosters. He is young and not crowing yet, but before I get totally busted I'm trying to rehome him. I might consider selling the Barnevelder pair to someone who wants to breed them. They are dark egglayers, and seem pretty mellow. They come from a local farm in Maryland that is raising heritage chicks, so they are not hatchery birds. They made it across country in a cat carrier at the age of 5 days, so I can attest to their hardiness and good nature.
    If anyone out this way can help, please let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by