Colorado Springs
I need to re-home some laying hens.

I posted this in the re-homing forum, but I'll re-post it here:

I have 7 hens:

Two Production Red (brown eggs)
Two Rhode Island White (brown)
Three Ameracauna (blue).

These were hatched in March 2014.

I get 5-6 eggs per day in warm weather, and 3-4 in winter.

Colorado Springs.

These are great hens!

Long story, but it's a neighbor issue. Once he moves, I'll get new hens.

I have heard there is a non-profit organization in Black Forest that will take them. If someone has info on that, I would like a pointer.

Guvnah

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Colorado Springs
I need to re-home some laying hens.

I'll be posting this in all the places I listed the availability of my hens:

When you have to put down a family dog, and when the kids ask where Spot went, sometimes people soften the blow by saying Spot went to a very special farm where he can chase bunnies all day long...

I am pleased to say that my hens most certainly DID go to a very special farm. A real one, with great acreage and other chickens and a loving family... They went to a co-worker's farm, so in a small sense they are still in the family. I'm pleased with the way it worked out. I'll miss them, for sure, but I know they'll be OK in their new digs.

stargzr87

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2015
Colorado Springs
I am in the Garden Ranch neighborhood (Flintridge and Academy).

We have three 11 week old Easter Egger Pullets (at least I hope they are all pullets, I'm not so sure about one of them) We just bought our house in June have 1/3 of an acre and love having our little ladies greet us every day. They follow the kids around and eat all of the ants and grasshoppers.

If anyone needs to rehome any pullets, we would be happy to take on a couple of extra, just for laying. We have a mostly vegetarian family of 5 and use eggs as a large source of our protein and know that 3 eggs a day won't even be enough!

urbanfarmer101

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
If you are missing a hen,
and you live between Union and Sam's club on Woodman road, I have your chicken. She lead me on a merry chase. She played "chicken" a few times into oncoming traffic, but she is now safe. I would venture to guess that she flew over your backyard wall onto Woodman Road. There is probably a video on Youtube.

stargzr87

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2015
Colorado Springs
Oh man! What a crazy place for a chicken to escape.
If no one claims her, we'd be happy to add her to our flock. We live near flintridge and academy.

Top Bottom