Colorado

As far as pruning apple trees, we're still pruning and we have an apple farm. So not really too late.

Lost one of my day old Buff Brahmas. She was awfully small and listless. Poor little girl. She actually perked up after the Rescue Remedy but it didn't last.

And WS, good job!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Yes - The day olds have yellow down, which has me thrown, I emailed Tony and am awaiting his reply - I suspect this is possibly due to Light Sussex influence, or else it's just because the only SS I've ever seen before were hatchery birds and the SOP should look different at hatch.  He sent 10 that are a week older, and the brown is coming in on them, as well as wing feathers of course, which look like SS feathers.  I wish we didn't have so much to do, I'd slam on the brakes and start taking pictures, and maybe I'll steal a few minutes later on to do so, depends how the day goes.  I'm backfilling the ditch we dug a few weeks ago to have the septic tank pumped, had to prune the Willow out back, it's already leafing out, and last weekend pruned the apple trees, probably a few weeks too late but better than mid-summer.  Disinfected the now-emptied incubator so it's ready for new eggs this week.

I read on Natural Chicken Keeping that one person in California who had some failed hatches with shipped eggs took the advice of an OT and put the eggs into a cold incubator and let them and the incubator come to temperature at the same time, didn't activate the turner for a week, and added no water (as long as humidity didn't drop below 20%) until Day 18, when it was boosted to 60%.  Thinking about trying it.

That was a great swap meet! Tons of people, vendors and sellers alike! Someone kept carrying around a goat and there were some seriously cute bunnies too. I sold ALL my older chickies! That is awesome since I will be delivering in two to three weeks!

I think I saw Shy there too. Some little girl came by half shrieking about Silkie chicks and I saw a familiar profile down that direction. :lol: It was so busy though I never got a chance to go over and say hello.

Ok it's time. I need you get rid of my SL Sebright roo.Anyone who has room or needs a show bantam roo I have one. he'getting a little to noisy for the neighbors and I can't have in town either.
pm me.
Thanks guys.

That was a great swap meet! Tons of people, vendors and sellers alike! Someone kept carrying around a goat and there were some seriously cute bunnies too. I sold ALL my older chickies! That is awesome since I will be delivering in two to three weeks!

I think I saw Shy there too. Some little girl came by half shrieking about Silkie chicks and I saw a familiar profile down that direction. :lol: It was so busy though I never got a chance to go over and say hello.

:eek: BUNNIES... please have a big back yard when we move......

Ok it's time. I need you get rid of my SL Sebright roo.Anyone who has room or needs a show bantam roo I have one. he'getting a little to noisy for the neighbors and I can't have in town either.
pm me.
Thanks guys.

Pretty birds... to bad for now we won't be moving where roo are legal... just because they are a bit louder... don't guys do that in general...

Back
Top Bottom