Colorado

As far as pruning apple trees, we're still pruning and we have an apple farm. So not really too late.

Lost one of my day old Buff Brahmas. She was awfully small and listless. Poor little girl. She actually perked up after the Rescue Remedy but it didn't last.

And WS, good job!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Oh good! Thanks for saying so! What kinds of apples do you grow? My girls love their afternoon apple, and I was thinking this fall I should just buy a couple of bushels if they'll keep in the crawl space.

Hey kids
frow.gif
What kind of animal around the Palmer Divide could sneak into a heavily fortified coop and remove eggs
hu.gif
On another note, 6 of the original 7 chicks are @ 1 1/2 weeks now! Their original feed wasn't medicated (my mistake) so I went and got a huge bag of the other kind. It's supposed to be crumbles but is more of a powder. Big R has to be the largest collection of millionaires who wear muddy boots with torn up jeans, don't shave for days, and wait for 10% off day to bring their filthy pickups. That's dedication.

Oh good!  Thanks for saying so!  What kinds of apples do you grow?  My girls love their afternoon apple, and I was thinking this fall I should just buy a couple of bushels if they'll keep in the crawl space.

We have Red and Gold Delicious, Jonathan, Winesap, Fuji, Cameo, Granny Smith, Gala, Rome Beautys, and Honey Crisp. My "kids" love the apples. We still have some in the cooler from last year. The apples you buy at the store all the way until harvest this fall will be last years apples. Properly stored apples will last a long time. Improperly stored they breakdown pretty quickly. The ideal storage temp is 33-34 degrees. We also raise our own beef, talk about loving apples. LOL

Hey kids :frow   What kind of animal around the Palmer Divide could sneak into a heavily fortified coop and remove eggs:confused:   On another note, 6 of the original 7 chicks are @ 1 1/2 weeks now!  Their original feed wasn't medicated (my mistake) so I went and got a huge bag of the other kind.  It's supposed to be crumbles but is more of a powder.  Big R has to be the largest collection of millionaires who wear muddy boots with torn up jeans, don't shave for days, and wait for 10% off day to bring their filthy pickups.  That's dedication.    

Snake?

We have Red and Gold Delicious, Jonathan, Winesap, Fuji, Cameo, Granny Smith, Gala, Rome Beautys, and Honey Crisp. My "kids" love the apples. We still have some in the cooler from last year. The apples you buy at the store all the way until harvest this fall will be last years apples. Properly stored apples will last a long time. Improperly stored they breakdown pretty quickly. The ideal storage temp is 33-34 degrees. We also raise our own beef, talk about loving apples. LOL
I know that apple trees grow very well here in Fountain because every other person has one in their yard. I would love to plant an apple tree in my yard because there is so many yummy things you can do with apples.

I buy at least a dozen Gala every week, I love them! Unfortunately my crawl space is way too warm to keep them, it stays around 60. Darn it! Guess I'll have to dig a root cellar!

Is your beef grassfed? I tried a roast one time from a grass fed steer, and it was the most delicious beef I've ever had. We only eat beef about once a month, if that, but it's nice when it's good beef :)

Yeah that was going to be my first guess too, although it's early for them, we haven't seen any around here yet. We have seen a few skunks out on the highway, lizards hatching, birds of prey getting active, so maybe the snakes are up and out and we just haven't seen them yet.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

Now I want to talk dh into a front porch!
I am now officially tired!

The shingles are all on (all different styles and colors, but it won't leak!). I still need to build the door, paint, and install trim.

Back
Top Bottom