Colorado

Come on little chickies keep hatching.

I think I might have an egg eatter. First sign broken egg residue which I thought and probably is every hen wanting to use the same box since there are plenty. Another egg shells on her neck. Im sitting in the coop now. shes scratching in multiple boxes. Chasing others out and just being a nuisance. It literally looks like she is casing the joint. Will continue to monitor.

Wendell, I hope you have more chicks hatch and I hope very much that you get some fertile eggs out of Abe soon.
Mayah, when does the next set of chicks get to make it out this way? How are the Colloncas doing? I bet they are cute!!!!

Colloncas are doing wonderfully so far and the next hatch day is the 16.

We now have 8 hatched and 2 pips.
Yay!

Come on little chickies keep hatching.

I think I might have an egg eatter. First sign broken egg residue which I thought and probably is every hen wanting to use the same box since there are plenty. Another egg shells on her neck. Im sitting in the coop now. shes scratching in multiple boxes. Chasing others out and just being a nuisance. It literally looks like she is casing the joint. Will continue to monitor.

sadly, some chickens are only worthy of the soup pot.

Said goodbye to my first meatys today, I raised them for a neighbor. I know I am trying to do this for my family, We have an appt in Simla on the eighteenth for the rest of my Cornish x. Some how it saddens my day a little. They are sweet little fat chicks that rush me every time they see me.

My wife, that is a digital photographer here in town, Took it upon herself to take some pictures of the little ones. I think she did a great job. What do you think? Nothing quite like a portrait of a chick.

Back
Top Bottom