Colorado

Thanks for taking Aurora off your list - ha, ha! Every chicken that gets confiscated in Aurora ends up at my house and I'm full
big_smile.png
. I know you want to be close to DTC, but with E470 you can sneak around from a lot of places out east and just come north up I-25 from the tollroad (speaking from experience, my husband used to work in the DTC). The closer you get to I-70 on E470, the cheaper the housing gets and the closer the line gets for unincorporated Arapahoe County. I think some of those places are actually listed as Watkins (which is technically where I live). It might be worth checking that out.

Not looking forward to those tolls and I have been looking at schools out that way and they don't get the best ratings. I am a bit of a stickler for education, I have been to low rated schools and high rated schools. I actually am still considering a really good deal in Monument for that very reason, they have the best school district in Colorado.

Hello everyone!

I currently live in Boulder, and am quite interested in starting a BYC Coop! I live near Table Mesa and Broadway, and would love to meet any people who currently have BYC in the area. I am totally new to this, but would love to get involved. Thanks!!!

Hello everyone!

I currently live in Boulder, and am quite interested in starting a BYC Coop! I live near Table Mesa and Broadway, and would love to meet any people who currently have BYC in the area. I am totally new to this, but would love to get involved. Thanks!!!

welcome-byc.gif
I live up in the mountains above Jamestown. My coop is just small trees chainsawed to fit, kinda. Tried to make it 7 ft Spring snow proof and bear proof at least to the point that it would take some work to get in and then perhaps the noise would wake me up.
Once again, welcome!
FYI ...., AZ is hot near Phoenix, 108. I was so glad to get home to an inside my house temp of 59.
Samsr, no drop in egg production up here.

I just thought I'd post that my girls FINALLY put themselves to bed last night
yesss.gif
. You all were right- it was nothing to worry about. They still aren't roosting (they sleep in a pile in the corner of the raised coop), but I am assuming this is because they are still young? Thanks everyone for your expertise...

Hello everyone!

Welcome! I live a few miles from you on the way to Louisville. I've got 13 hens, two chicks, a goat and a pot-bellied pig. Be glad to share my experiences of getting my flock up and running if you want some help!

is anyone else having egg laying issues with their hens the last couple of days. Mine have only laid 2 eggs for the last couple of days. This would be out of six hens that usually lay between 4 to 6 a day. We got six Sunday. The kids and I did spray them down Sunday with some all natural lice remover stuff. Maybe this freaked them out. I guess time will tell. I just thought I would check and see if something was in the air or something.
My production is down too. I have 15 laying hens and I was getting 13 or 14 a day a couple weeks ago. Now I am getting 7 or 8 a day.
Two of my hens went broody and everyone slowed down with the laying. I broke one broody and the other I moved into a broody pen, hoping to get that broody some elusive bantams chicks.
I have 13 young 3 1/2 month old pullets that are hanging around the nesting boxes. I wonder if the hens are stressed by them hanging around?
I checked everyone for bugs and such and I don't see anything. they all act normal.
That's all I know
hu.gif

My production is down too. I have 15 laying hens and I was getting 13 or 14 a day a couple weeks ago. Now I am getting 7 or 8 a day.
Two of my hens went broody and everyone slowed down with the laying. I broke one broody and the other I moved into a broody pen, hoping to get that broody some elusive bantams chicks.
I have 13 young 3 1/2 month old pullets that are hanging around the nesting boxes. I wonder if the hens are stressed by them hanging around?
I checked everyone for bugs and such and I don't see anything. they all act normal.
That's all I know
hu.gif

Maybe the weird weather is affecting them?

is anyone else having egg laying issues with their hens the last couple of days. Mine have only laid 2 eggs for the last couple of days. This would be out of six hens that usually lay between 4 to 6 a day. We got six Sunday. The kids and I did spray them down Sunday with some all natural lice remover stuff. Maybe this freaked them out. I guess time will tell. I just thought I would check and see if something was in the air or something.

Mine slowed way down after I moved the 8-week old pullets from the brooder in the garage to the coop. One egg yesterday from 8 hens! Hopefully they'll get back on track soon.

I'm Sorry
hugs.gif

Sorry that I was in Texas? LOL! I had a great trip (but no sleep..... so exhausted!!)

Hello everyone!

WELCOME!!!!

Back
Top Bottom